1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Whoa! Fast GPA calculation

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by cleanup, Aug 14, 2011.

1. BobLoblawDDS

BobLoblawDDS Lost and confused
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I e-submitted on August 4, and my GPA was just verified today, only a week and a half later! AADSAS seems to be picking up their game, or maybe there are fewer submissions in August because most people submitted in June?

Also, who knew they worked on weekends?

Although no mailing dates are posted for my schools yet, I imagine that my app will be mailed out either tomorrow or this coming Friday. I haven't got all of my LOEs lined up yet though. Will any LOEs that I submit after my app is mailed also be sent out on these mailing dates (Mondays and Fridays)?

Also I noticed that they grouped yearlong course credit hours under the last semester it would have occurred under (ie. for my first year, I had a few yearlong courses and so for some reason my Fall semester only shows 6 semester hours but my Winter semester shows 18)... is this normal? On my app I actually did it exactly as it appeared on my transcript (yearlong courses appear under both semesters) so I split them up into 3 and 3 for a 6 hour course.

Cheers!

#1 BobLoblawDDS, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BobLoblawDDS

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    bumpity-bump. :oops:

4. Bis-GMA111

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    awesome dude. glad to hear that

hopefully they hurry up with mine :scared:

5. PhansterZ

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hello fellow Canadian applicant.

Your stats and ECs are outstanding.

They were even faster with mine! Submitted application on August 1st, GPA calculated August 8th, and mailed to all of my designated schools on the 12th.

Jealous? :cool:

6. brainache

Pre-Dental
    Yeah, GPA calculations seem to vary. Mine took a week and three days, and I submitted late July. Could be that we had simple transcripts and not too many courses to sift through.

7. BobLoblawDDS

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Actually, I am. :(

Oh well, I originally expected to have to wait until September, so I'm glad on that note. :)