Whoa!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorfan99

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I love the new look for this forum!!!

gatofan.

Members don't see this ad.

I like the quick post function

I don't... it's bugging my eyes. I'm so use to the old look. :cool: <--- I like that new smile though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah, this is weird, I'm freaking out man....

Ya, it take some time to get use to. Wonder what enhancement does it come with (larger size Avatar, pictures in signature, etc..) :p

I agree quick reply is cool!

i thought i was still drunk from last night :eek: :scared:

Is it no longer possible to upload custom avatars? That option appears to have vanished from my control panel. :(

What is reputation point for?

I am used to the classic SDN forum

WOW!!! This is soooo nice!

I love it. It's a really nice up-grade from before.

Love the new larger Avatars, just uploaded my same pic, but larger, looks great!

Members don't see this ad :)
The 75 x 75 avatars are nice, but the new size limit should really be at least 100 x 100. There's still plenty of extra room along that left margin.

ToothMonkey said:
The 75 x 75 avatars are nice, but the new size limit should really be at least 100 x 100. There's still plenty of extra room along that left margin.

They should be, but i'm not complaining. At least you can make out what people's avatars are now. With 75x75 i had are hard time making out most. Maybe it has a little to do with my poor eye sight.

:mad: I liked it the way it was! Now it's all smooshy with this HUGE text that requires enormous amounts of scrolling to get past... ARGH. :smuggrin: No offense to the mods, who were trying to make it more palatable to the masses (a noble endeavor), but personally, I really think the new look blows. :thumbdown: *sigh*

ecdoesit said:
What is reputation point for?

It allows SDNers to see how informative your posts have been. If people don't like your posts, then they can disagree on your opinion (by clicking on the second icon of that person) and their reputation goes down. I you find their posts informative, then people can vote and increase the poster's reputation. To sum it all up, the reputation to a user determines how good are his/her posts (whether their existence on SDN will benefit anyone). :)

The next thing they will come up with is a reputation point for sdn.
If you feel sdn helps u today, u click once, lol

JRogoff said:
I agree quick reply is cool!

How is quick reply different from the regular reply button? Am I missing something here? :confused:

I think it looks pretty cool. Then again, I don't actually reply or use it all that often. That shall change.

JRogoff said:
Love the new larger Avatars, just uploaded my same pic, but larger, looks great!

Ditto on the large avatars. My last smaller avatar didnt bring out Bickle's mohawk the way I wanted. :thumbup:

My updated avatar is beautiful, well at least I think so. :laugh:

Dentaldream said:
Ditto on the large avatars. My last smaller avatar didnt bring out Bickle's mohawk the way I wanted. :thumbup:

My updated avatar is beautiful, well at least I think so. :laugh:

Yeah, these large avatars get the job done.

Speaking of avatars, could you tell me where I how and wherefrom I could get a personalized one?

Calculus1 said:
Speaking of avatars, could you tell me where I how and wherefrom I could get a personalized one?

I took mine, of my dog, with my digital camera. From there i just used photoshop to shrink it to 75x75.

Calculus1 said:

Hey Calculus, you can basically put any picture or animation files that you can find on the web or your computer (the only restriction is that the image must not be larger than 75x75 pixels). You can change to custom avatar by going to User CP and click on 'Edit Avatar' on the left hand side. At the bottom of the page it will give you 2 options to copy and paste the hyperlink where the image can be found on the web, or to browse your computer and locate the image that you want.

How many karma points do you need to get another green square? I have seen some moderators with a ton, like Dr.Mom.

JRogoff said:
How many karma points do you need to get another green square? I have seen some moderators with a ton, like Dr.Mom.

This is from a post by the Web Admin:

For now, SDN Forums are using the default levels for the Reputation System. Frankly, they sound like something from a 'Lord of the Rings' fan site rather than a health-professions site.

I'd be interested in getting your recommendations on how it should be changed (different titles, levels, etc)...

User is infamous around these parts -250
User can only hope to improve -50
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User is on a distinguished road 10
User will become famous soon enough 50
User has a spectacular aura about 150
User is a jewel in the rough 250
User is just really nice 350
User is a glorious beacon of light 450
User is a name known to all 550
User is a splendid one to behold 650
User has much to be proud of 1000
User has a brilliant future 1500
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

Concise explaining of the reputation system (how the points are given, etc...) - courtesy of WatchingWaiting.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=115278

Thanks Musketeer :D

While on the subject of karma, i decided to give everyone that posed in this thread positive karma! :D

...and I, in return for your kindness (Seems like dent. people rarely give out karma)....