Whoopee Super fun amazing thread!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3 little birds

Breathe.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how else could I get you to click on a thread about financial aid lenders? Any thoughts on who to borrow from?

Members don't see this ad.

I think people here are more than happy to give their opinions even without tricking them into looking.

Anyway, my understanding is each school has several preferred lenders that they have special deals with. So you should really just check out the terms and see which one is the best. As in, the one that offers the best incentives. Things like most amount of interest rate reduction for on time payments, etc.

Otherwise, I feel like they are all reliable and haven't really heard of any specific one having amazing service compared to others.

you bastard. I thought there would be some pics in here:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
My understanding is that it really depends on the school and the state. Where I went to UG and where I'll be going to med school, the lender/bank only owns the loan for however long you're in school for. The loan is then sold to a state-funded institution, and you pay them back over the life of your loan. Maybe it's different for other states, but that's the case where I live.