Who's commuting the farthest to Pharm School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheChemist

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm traveling 60 miles one way. It sucks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm traveling 60 miles one way. It sucks.

My commute was about 50 one way. My commute to rotations have gone as far as 80 miles one way. It was an easier commute to the 80 mile one. The 50 miles to my campus takes an hour and 45 minutes during rush hour. Even longer if there is an accident.

I used to commute 33 miles one way..

In Los Angeles bumper to bumper traffic...in my Jeep Wrangler Stick...

No traffic 45 minutes.. with traffic about hour and half..sometimes 2.

Life in Southern California is uncalled for.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most people don't live at or near their pharmacy school... ?

Most people don't live at or near their pharmacy school... ?

I think most people do live on or near campus, but there are plenty of people that commute.

I commute, but it's a once a week commute, not daily. (I have an apt near the school) It's around 500 miles round trip and the drive's not that bad as long as the weather and traffic are cooperating. Fortunately I got a car with great gas mileage right before I started school! :laugh:

I think most people do live on or near campus, but there are plenty of people that commute.

I commute, but it's a once a week commute, not daily. (I have an apt near the school) It's around 500 miles round trip and the drive's not that bad as long as the weather and traffic are cooperating. Fortunately I got a car with great gas mileage right before I started school! :laugh:

500 mile trip once a week? Why? Just curious.

During my NIH internship I commuted from Fairfax, VA to Bethesda/Rockville, MD and that is 23 miles.

But that is always dealing in the morning with the famous backup from I-66 to I-495 (the D.C. Beltaway). That is when I-66 switches to a two-person car-pool RESTRICTED HIGHWAY, forcing everyone onto the beltway!!