-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Who's heard from Mills Post Bac?
Started by hopefuldoc28
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven't heard yet. Congrats Epione!... when did you submit your application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard yet. Congrats Epione!... when did you submit your application?
thanks! i believe i submitted my app on 12/30 and all of my recs were in by around 1/20.
I received an acceptance e-mail yesterday as well, about that same time!
I submitted my application on 1/27, and all of my recs/transcripts were in by 2/1.
I submitted my application on 1/27, and all of my recs/transcripts were in by 2/1.
any other applicants hear yay or nay from mills lately? and if so, when did you submit your app and when was your app complete? thanks!
Last edited:
I was accepted and am still trying to figure out if they have much financial aid or scholarships...? To those that have been accepted, has anyone received financial aid information yet? good luck drpurpose!!
I received an acceptance email yesterday afternoon, I submitted my application on feb 1 and my transcripts/recs were in by march 5th.
Epione & Startithere - are you still waiting to hear back from other schools?
Epione & Startithere - are you still waiting to hear back from other schools?
I received an acceptance email yesterday afternoon, I submitted my application on feb 1 and my transcripts/recs were in by march 5th.
Epione & Startithere - are you still waiting to hear back from other schools?
congrats, eatadandelion. :] and to answer your question, no, i have heard back from all 4 schools to which i applied. you?
congrats, eatadandelion. :] and to answer your question, no, i have heard back from all 4 schools to which i applied. you?
Thanks epione, congratulations to you too!
I have heard back from 2 schools, but am still waiting on 6. Have you decided where you will be going?
I received an acceptance email yesterday afternoon, I submitted my application on feb 1 and my transcripts/recs were in by march 5th.
Epione & Startithere - are you still waiting to hear back from other schools?
I have heard back from 4 schools, still waiting on 1. I'm still weighing decisions, but will decide in the next week! What about you eatadandelion?
And just to share my impressions - I went to a PBPM Mills Bio class last Friday, and I was happy with what I saw. Small class size, the professor seemed very responsive to questions (and knew students' names), and the students all seemed engaged with the material. Still trying to decide if I want more organization/advising capacity than Mills has to offer.
Good luck to everybody!
I have heard back from 4 schools, still waiting on 1. I'm still weighing decisions, but will decide in the next week! What about you eatadandelion?
And just to share my impressions - I went to a PBPM Mills Bio class last Friday, and I was happy with what I saw. Small class size, the professor seemed very responsive to questions (and knew students' names), and the students all seemed engaged with the material. Still trying to decide if I want more organization/advising capacity than Mills has to offer.
Good luck to everybody!
I have heard back from 4 schools as well but I am still waiting on a few 🙂 Where have you applied to and which school are you leaning towards if you don't mind me asking?
As for Mills, thank you for sharing your impressions! Are you from around there? I know absolutely nothing about the area! Did you get a chance to talk to a counselor or any students who were part of the program?
Hey startithere, thanks for your insights of the class you sat in on! Were you able to talk with any students in the program and how they liked it? Did it seem competitive?
Also, the classes are curved correct? And it's just postbac students in the lecture classes but combined labs, right?
Also, the classes are curved correct? And it's just postbac students in the lecture classes but combined labs, right?
Eatadandelion - I guess I'm really deciding between Tufts and Mills...though I still have HES and UNCG on the brain (i'm originally from North Carolina, so this is technically my state school). I live in San Francisco right now. Mills itself is beautiful, but is in a pretty rundown/seedy section of Oakland (there are some lovely areas in oakland, don't get me wrong...). I've only e-mailed back and forth with the program advisor, and she seems thoroughly nice and accessible. She sent me a list of current students to e-mail - just PM me if you'd like that list, I will happily forward it!
MD to be - The class seemed pretty relaxed (though maybe that was just a 9am on a Friday vibe...). And yes, it's just postbacs for lecture, labs are combined with undergrads. To be honest, that's the most appealing aspect of the program to me. As for curving, I am honestly not sure. I'm sure you've already figured the finance stuff out by this point, but if you are awarded a scholarship I believe they let you know at the time of your acceptance.
MD to be - The class seemed pretty relaxed (though maybe that was just a 9am on a Friday vibe...). And yes, it's just postbacs for lecture, labs are combined with undergrads. To be honest, that's the most appealing aspect of the program to me. As for curving, I am honestly not sure. I'm sure you've already figured the finance stuff out by this point, but if you are awarded a scholarship I believe they let you know at the time of your acceptance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure you've already figured the finance stuff out by this point, but if you are awarded a scholarship I believe they let you know at the time of your acceptance.
that's correct. my scholarship was incorporated into the acceptance letter.
Hi, I'm a UG junior! I'm interested in applying to the Mills post bac program. I've read through their entire page, but I wanted to know if I would be a good candidate.
I have only taken 1 year of general chemistry. Definitely intend to stay for 2 years-I'm in no hurry. My UG GPA is a bit on the low side. Right now it's 2.904 (no excuse I wasn't focused). I'm hoping that in the next 3 terms I can get it up to at least a 3.0
Right, now I work as a Research Lab Assistant in the Med School developmental bio lab. Did Americorp Jumpstart for 2 years, member of Alpha Phi Omega, and this summer I'll be working with the DataCenter (Oakland) as an research & policy analyst for environmental health.
Just wanted some feedback from people who recently applied! I'm hoping to visit the campus when I go back home for the summer. I really want to apply early, by the time I go back for fall quarter.
Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those that have gotten in.
I have only taken 1 year of general chemistry. Definitely intend to stay for 2 years-I'm in no hurry. My UG GPA is a bit on the low side. Right now it's 2.904 (no excuse I wasn't focused). I'm hoping that in the next 3 terms I can get it up to at least a 3.0
Right, now I work as a Research Lab Assistant in the Med School developmental bio lab. Did Americorp Jumpstart for 2 years, member of Alpha Phi Omega, and this summer I'll be working with the DataCenter (Oakland) as an research & policy analyst for environmental health.
Just wanted some feedback from people who recently applied! I'm hoping to visit the campus when I go back home for the summer. I really want to apply early, by the time I go back for fall quarter.
Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those that have gotten in.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K