You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Who's starting UPenn Pre-Health with me this Fall?
Started by Lmx9
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lmx9 said:After debating on my own between Columbia and Penn I have settled on Penn. Who's going with me? Pre-Health of course!
I will be there! Last week, I was accepted but I haven't gotten my welcome package yet. I don't have a place to live yet, either. Since there's not an orientation (like at Drexel), I wonder how well networked the students will be. Maybe it will be a pretty isolated program? I'm coming out from San Francisco, so it would be nice to know a few people. Feel free to message me!
Audra
Hope to be there not this year but the next. U Penn is at the top of my list. My only worry is being able to take out enough loans so I don't have to work. Does everyone already have housing locked on? I hear Rittenhouse is the place to be if you can afford it. Personally, I think I'll try to get into Sansom the first semester and go from there. Good luck guys/gals!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mr. Adventure said:Hope to be there not this year but the next. U Penn is at the top of my list. My only worry is being able to take out enough loans so I don't have to work. Does everyone already have housing locked on? I hear Rittenhouse is the place to be if you can afford it. Personally, I think I'll try to get into Sansom the first semester and go from there. Good luck guys/gals!
I'll be at Penn this yr (special science). I am at Sansom for fall semester ( 🙁 😡 ) but I hope to find an apartment for spring. I have the cheapest housing option but you do not get your $ worth and ya have ta buy a meal plan 🙁
Audra,
I'm pretty sure that there is an orientation for the program the day after labor day. You may want to check in with the program for the details. We certainly had one when I started last fall!!!
Hope this helps!
I'm pretty sure that there is an orientation for the program the day after labor day. You may want to check in with the program for the details. We certainly had one when I started last fall!!!
Hope this helps!
audramill said:I will be there! Last week, I was accepted but I haven't gotten my welcome package yet. I don't have a place to live yet, either. Since there's not an orientation (like at Drexel), I wonder how well networked the students will be. Maybe it will be a pretty isolated program? I'm coming out from San Francisco, so it would be nice to know a few people. Feel free to message me!
Audra
I have an interview for the special science program tomorrow! I live in Jersey, 15 min outside of philly, so I might be able to answer any questions about the area. Philly is a fun place to live, and Rittenhouse area is definately the place to TRY to afford to live! Living, dining, and nightlife are pretty upscale, but well worth a break from studying once in a while!
Has anyone registered for classes yet? Im not really sure how that process works, but I'd like to get an idea of what classes and how many credits to take for a full course load. (if accepted!!!)
Has anyone registered for classes yet? Im not really sure how that process works, but I'd like to get an idea of what classes and how many credits to take for a full course load. (if accepted!!!)
Hi UPenn Postbacc people,
I live in Philly and am thinking of applying to the Penn postbacc program for next fall ('06). I was in a Ph.D. program for a year at Penn and loved the school (if not my prospects of ever getting tenure as a humanities Ph.D. -- hence my reason for leaving), and have recently traded a couple of emails with Dr. Hunter, so I've more or less decided upon applying. But, I am curious about the backgrounds of all you guys accepted into the prehealth program. Specifically, what were your undergrad majors? What was your GPA? How much volunteer work, if any, did you do before applying?
I'd just like to get a sense of the average student. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks!
I live in Philly and am thinking of applying to the Penn postbacc program for next fall ('06). I was in a Ph.D. program for a year at Penn and loved the school (if not my prospects of ever getting tenure as a humanities Ph.D. -- hence my reason for leaving), and have recently traded a couple of emails with Dr. Hunter, so I've more or less decided upon applying. But, I am curious about the backgrounds of all you guys accepted into the prehealth program. Specifically, what were your undergrad majors? What was your GPA? How much volunteer work, if any, did you do before applying?
I'd just like to get a sense of the average student. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks!
12thandSouth said:Hi UPenn Postbacc people,
I live in Philly and am thinking of applying to the Penn postbacc program for next fall ('06). I was in a Ph.D. program for a year at Penn and loved the school (if not my prospects of ever getting tenure as a humanities Ph.D. -- hence my reason for leaving), and have recently traded a couple of emails with Dr. Hunter, so I've more or less decided upon applying. But, I am curious about the backgrounds of all you guys accepted into the prehealth program. Specifically, what were your undergrad majors? What was your GPA? How much volunteer work, if any, did you do before applying?
I'd just like to get a sense of the average student. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks!
1. Psychology
2. 3.45
3. approx 200 vol. hrs loved it all
graduated Rice 2004
if you come do not take biol 229 (cellular neuroscience)
good luck
riceman04 said:1. Psychology
2. 3.45
3. approx 200 vol. hrs loved it all
graduated Rice 2004
if you come do not take biol 229 (cellular neuroscience)
good luck
Thanks Riceman. One more question I forgot to ask -- when (which month) did you apply?
12thandSouth said:Thanks Riceman. One more question I forgot to ask -- when (which month) did you apply?
Not till like late May
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K