masksof2004

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi guys,
so the application pool for fall 2009 in less then a month... I was wondering how many SDNers are in the same boat as i am?? I have the first draft of my personal statement ready... but it doesnt seem like its near completion yet! I have given away the files to the professors for LORs... and i am absolutely overwhelmed because i do not know what am i supposed to be doing next (besides writing and rewriting the ******* personal statement)!!

lets use this thread to calm down our anxiety levels, and help each other out with proofreading, cross-checking the list of things we need to take care before the application opens up! so bring it on....

also, feel free to introduce yourself!!

-masksof2004

Lopyswine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Chicago, IL
Status
Dental Student
if you are really anxious you can get an official copy of transcripts. You can then transcribe your class info into microsoft word. EXACTLY as they appear. Then on May 15th, you will only need to cut and paste the coursework section.

eternalxdemon

10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Status
Dental Student
i'm in the same boat you are. in fact i just joined sdn today. >.< dude... i'm sooooooo paranoid about apps this may. mainly personal statements. I'm kinda lost on when are they submitted to the schools and would we actually have to write a more specific one for each school when they give us the apps? so if you could help clarify that for me it'd be great. but yea... best of luck to you! hopefully we'll be able to help each other out. :)

CubbieDentist

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys, I'm also on your boat. I just took the DAT a few weeks ago and I am getting ready for the application cycle. I have not started anything yet, I am waiting for finals to be done. Then it's all application time.

I think this is a good idea, because this way we can help each other through the whole process.

Talk to you guys later.

midiland

10+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
same here man i am just waiting for my final exams to be over then i am gonna start working on my application right after.
good luck guys!

OP
masksof2004

masksof2004

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i'm in the same boat you are. in fact i just joined sdn today. >.< dude... i'm sooooooo paranoid about apps this may. mainly personal statements. I'm kinda lost on when are they submitted to the schools and would we actually have to write a more specific one for each school when they give us the apps? so if you could help clarify that for me it'd be great. but yea... best of luck to you! hopefully we'll be able to help each other out. :)

the personal statement goes along with the application... so once the application opens up... u will see a section where you can copy-paste the personal statement (i believe)!

other than that...
for the letters of rec.. does anybody know how the 'matching form' works?:confused:

-masksof2004

dmddream

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
Dental Student
the personal statement goes along with the application... so once the application opens up... u will see a section where you can copy-paste the personal statement (i believe)!

other than that...
for the letters of rec.. does anybody know how the 'matching form' works?:confused:

-masksof2004
matching form is a page u print when u fill out the information on the person writing you the letter.... it has a bar code of ur aadsas # and your info...u attach that to the LORs and transcripts....u can also avoid that with having ur LORs submitted electronically (u submit an email address and aadsas will send a link where the LORs can be uploaded) it's much faster

Belle72

10+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Oh this is a good idea! I'm applying this summer, too! I have committee interviews this week and take the DAT in early June. Where does everyone want to apply?

eternalxdemon

10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Status
Dental Student
i'm looking at Western, UCLA, UCSF, UoP, Loma Linda, UNLV, Arizona, Colorado, Washington, Nova, UF, Oregon, and Howard. What about you, belle?

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student
I am looking at UConn (1st Choice), Columbia, UPenn, UB, UMDNJ, NYU, Tufts, BU, Temple, Maryland and may be Harvard.

artanis

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi Guys,

I just signed up for an account with ADA. Now i am wondering where to get my profs and such to fill out my letter of references. Thanks!

OP
masksof2004

masksof2004

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i am looking at Uop (1st choice), USC, NYU, Columbia, NOVA ... and most of the other private schools!

does anyone have a list of schools that require 3 LORs from science professors?? infact.. how many schools are out there that require 3 LORs from sci prof?

-- i will have 2 sci prof, 1 Honors program (this organization on campus that i am really involved with), 1 dentist. ... am i going to be ok???

War Eagle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
if you are really anxious you can get an official copy of transcripts. You can then transcribe your class info into microsoft word. EXACTLY as they appear. Then on May 15th, you will only need to cut and paste the coursework section.
Would using excel work as well, or will the formatting get messed up?

astein46

DentistWannabe
10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2007
Oregon
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey all, I'm applying this may also! Have my DAT, personal statement, and LOR's already done! Can't wait for applications to open so we can this part out of the way. Then the long wait begins! Some of you mentioned transfering your transcripts into a word doc. What is the purpose of this and what format would be most beneficial from those of you who possibly have done this before? I'll be apply to OHSU, Western, UofP, UCLA, USC, and UW. Only really have chance of getting into OHSU but we'll see what happens. Good luck to all!

Zerconia2921

Bring your A-game!
10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2008
California
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hey guys I am also applying this year for cycle 2009. Can transcripts be sent to ada before the application opens or do we have to wait. Still have to work on personal statment, LOR's and oh yea the DAT cant forget that.

NJDental

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
im applying this may as well

LORs are getting worked on, have to sign up for DAT, hoping early June, and waiting to see if I can get a loan to apply! If not, I guess I have to wait a year :(

NJDental

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Oh and I forgot to mention, I am applying to ASDOH and UMDNJ (Top Choice) plus Temple and Maryland :thumbup:

airsimon

10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Hey all, I'm applying this may also! Have my DAT, personal statement, and LOR's already done! Can't wait for applications to open so we can this part out of the way. Then the long wait begins! Some of you mentioned transfering your transcripts into a word doc. What is the purpose of this and what format would be most beneficial from those of you who possibly have done this before? I'll be apply to OHSU, Western, UofP, UCLA, USC, and UW. Only really have chance of getting into OHSU but we'll see what happens. Good luck to all!
If your prednets profile is correct you have a frickon 4.0. And you say you only have a chance at OHSU? wtf?

SMCohen

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I just signed up for an account with ADA. Now i am wondering where to get my profs and such to fill out my letter of references.
You have to wait until AADSAS opens on May 15th before you can start your application have your profs submit online LORs; however, if you plan on submitting paper LORs, you can ask your profs for the letters at any time (make sure they have sealed the letter in an envelope and signed over the seal), so that when AADSAS opens, you can fill out and attach the LOR Matching Form to the outside of the sealed envelope. The LOR Matching Form only requires the contact information of the prof.

Some of you mentioned transfering your transcripts into a word doc. What is the purpose of this and what format would be most beneficial from those of you who possibly have done this before?
Would using excel work as well, or will the formatting get messed up?
I think what Lopyswine meant was that you can type up your course codes and course titles (as they appear on your transcript) so that you can copy and paste them into the coursework form. Since they are fields, and not a big text box, you don't have to worry about formatting.

astein46

DentistWannabe
10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2007
Oregon
Status
Pre-Dental
If your prednets profile is correct you have a frickon 4.0. And you say you only have a chance at OHSU? wtf?
airsimon, I see that you are attending OHSU. Are you saying that just becuase I have a 4.0 I have good chance of getting in. My DAT is not extremely strong is why I wasn't sure.

Also, what did you think of OHSU when you went for your interview? I have been their a couple of times to visit and it is an old school but I felt it had a great atmosphere about it!

You have to wait until AADSAS opens on May 15th before you can start your application have your profs submit online LORs; however, if you plan on submitting paper LORs, you can ask your profs for the letters at any time (make sure they have sealed the letter in an envelope and signed over the seal), so that when AADSAS opens, you can fill out and attach the LOR Matching Form to the outside of the sealed envelope. The LOR Matching Form only requires the contact information of the prof.

I think what Lopyswine meant was that you can type up your course codes and course titles (as they appear on your transcript) so that you can copy and paste them into the coursework form. Since they are fields, and not a big text box, you don't have to worry about formatting.
SMCohen, Thank you for clearing this up. Is this really helpful when it comes to filling out apps? Seems like it would be just as easy to type it into the app as apposed to copy and paste each class from word to app.

dr bojangles

10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2007
Status
Dental Student
i'll jump into this thread, also applying this upcoming cycle.
my last final is the day the app opens:D. i'm applying mostly east coast (boston down to maryland), maybe the FL schools and some cali schools.

kema

Eureka!!
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello all, thanks for contributing to this post. I think it is extremely useful. I am applying second time around. I am getting my shadowing hrs down and working on Personal statement. I am planning on taking the DAT this July. I did not do so well my first try. Hope to get atleast an AA of 21 this time. I am applying to only 5 schools. Howard, Meharry, U of Michigan, Tufts and Georgia State. Last time around I did the entire process got interview and waitlisted. So I know EXACTLY what to do this time to guarantee or damn near guarantee acceptance. What books are best to study for DAT? Any suggestions? I am using the Kaplan, Top score CD, and I am planning on buying DAT Destroyer.....

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You guys are in for a treat. I made a website back when i was applying and put in all my useful information that I have learned a long the way. Check it out. I also have examples of personal statements and some hints and tips for stellar LOR.

www.DMDstudent.com

Good luck this application cycle!

PSU SHC 414

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2007
VCU
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am looking at UConn (1st Choice), Columbia, UPenn, UB, UMDNJ, NYU, Tufts, BU, Temple, Maryland and may be Harvard.
Hey everyone,

Props to the OP for starting this thread.

I'm working on my personal statement now too... but I'm way over the damn 4,500 word limit. I hate having to condense.

I'll be applying to Penn, Pitt, Temple, Maryland, UNC, Columbia, Case, Ohio State, and Harvard.

Anyone know anything about UNC dentistry?

PSU SHC 414

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2007
VCU
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Do we need to do anything if our university's preprofessional committee submits a compiled LOR?

sl2obel2ts

i like tomatoes
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2007
Status
Dentist
I am also applying this cycle as well.

when is the earliest day you can submit application? some tell me may 15, and others tell me june 1.

I plan to apply to ~$1500 worth of schools, ~ 20 schools. I don't really mind living anywhere, at the same time I don't really know what school is good or not as well. I am cali resident. I just narrowed down the list of schools according to prereq/letter of rec requirements (I only took 2 sem of bio with lab, and I have 2 bio letters and 1 research) and # of out of states seats (above 15). Here they are. Can anyone give me a reason not to apply to certain schools listed below? I feel like I am applying to too many places for no specific reason. So far, I got 25. I want around 15-20 schools.

ASDOH
Boston U
Buffalo
Case Western
Columbia
Creighton
Detroit Mercy
Indiana
Lousiville
Marquette
Minnesota
NOVA
NYU
Penn
Pittsburgh
Temple
UCLA
UCSF
U Conn
UMDNJ
UNLV
USC
VCU
WesternU

thanks

SMCohen

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
SMCohen, Thank you for clearing this up. Is this really helpful when it comes to filling out apps? Seems like it would be just as easy to type it into the app as apposed to copy and paste each class from word to app.
No, this isn't really necessary - I think Lopyswine meant it as a joke. I did have most things prepared to be cut and paste last year, but not coursework.

Do we need to do anything if our university's preprofessional committee submits a compiled LOR?
You still need to attach a Matching Form. The Matching Form allows AADSAS to efficiently process all LORs, and match them to the applicant. Usually, people hand the prof/preprofessional committee the Matching Form for them to send with the LOR. I had only suggested you attach the Matching Form yourself so that you need not wait for AADSAS to open to request LORs, which can sometimes take a long time to prepare.

mmguirguis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
What exactly are you guys writing in your personal statement? I was going to wait to see what to write about, but it looks like a lot of you guys already finished it!! How long is it too?

Thanks a lot guys!

astein46

DentistWannabe
10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2007
Oregon
Status
Pre-Dental
What exactly are you guys writing in your personal statement? I was going to wait to see what to write about, but it looks like a lot of you guys already finished it!! How long is it too?

Thanks a lot guys!
I spent a lot of time working on my statement. I started by sitting down over spring break and just writing down important things that happened in my life and how they directed me towards dentistry as well as why I think that dentistry is a good fit for me. The first draft was obviously way too long, like 5 pages, but it gave me a lot to work with. Then I just picked out the things that I felt were most important and put those into my statement. My final statement was around 4450 characters, including spaces. The AADSAS instruction manual says that the limit is 4500 characters including spaces. I also found several people who could read it with a critical eye: current dental students, dentists, writing professors, and science professors. Pretty much let anyone read it that is willing to give some input. Hope this helps a bit, good luck!

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
So, if i submit my app on the 15th but the LOR and DAT arn't complete until middle/late of June. Would I still be on the quicker side?

OP
masksof2004

masksof2004

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello all, thanks for contributing to this post. I think it is extremely useful. I am applying second time around. I am getting my shadowing hrs down and working on Personal statement. I am planning on taking the DAT this July. I did not do so well my first try. Hope to get atleast an AA of 21 this time. I am applying to only 5 schools. Howard, Meharry, U of Michigan, Tufts and Georgia State. Last time around I did the entire process got interview and waitlisted. So I know EXACTLY what to do this time to guarantee or damn near guarantee acceptance. What books are best to study for DAT? Any suggestions? I am using the Kaplan, Top score CD, and I am planning on buying DAT Destroyer.....

i would say... forget the topscore and do not waste money after the DAT destroyer if you are takin kaplan classes. if not, then i would highly recommend taking the kaplan class. the material (subject tests, practice exams, and online workshops) that they provide through kaplan are really useful... just treat the kaplan book as ur bible... and know every page of t like no other.... then practice the subject tests, exams... and u should be more than fine.

NuckingFutz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2006
Status
Dental Student
So, if i submit my app on the 15th but the LOR and DAT arn't complete until middle/late of June. Would I still be on the quicker side?
From what I've gathered so far, getting your application in early should be your top priority. Verifying your GPA takes the longest so you should send it in ASAP (your LOR can be sent in later). Be careful not to send it in carelessly because any mistake can delay your application so make sure you spend the time to ensure EVERYTHING is correct. I think you'll be fine if you sent it in even in the beginning of June. Just remember that you shouldn't cut corners just to get it out the door, take the time to do it right the first time!

Unfortunately, since my spring grades don't come out until the first week of June, I don't have a choice but wait until its available :scared:

VenusFlyTrap

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Status
Psychology Student
Hi guys...I'm applying again this year for the 2nd time. I've applied for my masters but haven't heard back yet.....I plan on taking grad courses at my state school if I don't in for my MS anywhere. I also need to take the DAT again...Damn!!! Good luck everyone

LUCKY79

10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
HEY ALL I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I THINK SCHOOL CHOICE IS A VERY IMPORTANT FACTOR. I APPLIED VERY LATE IN THE LAST CYCLE, I THINK EVERYTHING WAS SENT IN MID-NOVEMBER ( I APPLIED TO 8 SCHOOLS). MY GPA IS 3.5 SCI, 3.6 OVERALL AND DAT 21, SO NOT LIKE SUPER OR ANYTHING BUT I ENDED UP GETTING 4 INTERVIEWS ALL IN LATE FEB-APRIL. I ENDED UP HAVING 4 ACCEPTANCES) DO I THINK APPLYING EARLIER WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER? YES. BUT I THINK MY SELECTION IN SCHOOL CHOICES HELPED ME GET IN BECAUSE I MATCHED THE STRENGTHS OF MY APPLICATION TO THOSE WANTED BY THE SCHOOL. MAKE YOUR CHOICES WISELY AS NOT TO WASTE MONEY (APPLYING TO STATE SCHOOLS THAT TAKE A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF OUT-OF-STATES). GOOD LUCK YALL!:thumbup:

Last edited:

MB111

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2008
predents.com
Status
Pre-Dental
HEY ALL I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I THINK SCHOOL CHOICE IS A VERY IMPORTANT FACTOR. I APPLIED VERY LATE IN THE LAST CYCLE, I THINK EVERYTHING WAS SENT IN MID-NOVEMBER ( I APPLIED TO 8 SCHOOLS). MY GPA IS 3.5 SCI, 3.6 OVERALL AND DAT 21, SO NOT LIKE SUPER OR ANYTHING BUT I ENDED UP GETTING 4 INTERVIEWS ALL IN LATE FEB-APRIL. I ENDED UP HAVING 2 ACCEPTANCES AND 2 WAITLISTS. DO I THINK APPLYING EARLIER WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER? YES. BUT I THINK MY SELECTION IN SCHOOL CHOICES HELPED ME GET IN BECAUSE I MATCHED THE STRENGTHS OF MY APPLICATION TO THOSE WANTED BY THE SCHOOL. MAKE YOUR CHOICES WISELY AS NOT TO WASTE MONEY (APPLYING TO STATE SCHOOLS THAT TAKE A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF OUT-OF-STATES). GOOD LUCK YALL!:thumbup:
what if you're international student from canada, like me? besides the obvious private schools, which state schools are worth applying to, iuo?

rollredroll

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2007
Dixieland
Status
Pre-Dental
hey there everyone-

it's been about 8 months since i posted on SDN. Last summer I spent a lot of time on here preparing for the DAT. Well now the time has come to apply. i'm very excited about starting this process.

I just today started looking into what places to apply to. The anxiety comes and goes. For now, it's about writing a personal statement. Any advice is much appreciate. Thanks.

Holopeachy1

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys, its nice to meet everyone. I think we are all pretty much in the same boat. I feel really unprepared tough, especially since I have read most of the posts on this thread and I have also checked out some of your predent profiles. Wow the competition is very stiff this year. My 3.1 Gpa will probably not get me far, but goodluck to the rest of you!​

GonnaDoIt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
Status
Dental Student
"I plan to apply to ~$1500 worth of schools, ~ 20 schools."

Hey sl2obel2ts, you need to know that if you plan on budgeting $1500 for applications, you need to allow ~$40-$75 for EACH dental school's secondary fee. You may know this already. Your message sounded like $1500 total, for everything. This would be more like around 12 schools or so. Hope this helps. How much would it have sucked if you shot the wad on AADSAS and had no money for secondaries? Props for thinking big, though. If you cast a big net, you'll probably catch a fish.

MB111

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2008
predents.com
Status
Pre-Dental
hey guys!! after reading the above post, i am now wondering myself. with a 3.48 GPA, 20 AA, 21 TS, but only 17 RC, and INTERNATIONAL, how many schools should i apply to to get a good shot (like at least a few acceptances...i hope)??

kema

Eureka!!
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Thank you for the response. I am not taking the class but I have the exams. I will purchase the Destroyer then couple it with my TOPSCORE which I already have. Thanks alot

Rocko

Try Try again
10+ Year Member
May 5, 2008
Status
I will be applying this cycle for my third year. First year I got a couple of interviews and waitlisted but it has been silent this last year. I have applied for MS 1 year programs next year and got into one, still waiting to hear about the other two. Also taking some post-bac classes this summer to show my ability to handle a rigorous science courseload in a semester where grades will post before they make the first round decisions. I have around a 3.3 GPA total and science and 20/19 for the DAT. Probably going to have to retake the DAT this summer because I took it in spring of 2006.

One of the classes I am considering this summer is Physiological Pyschology, PSB 3002. It is out of the Psychobiology department. Does anyone know if it would be considered a science class by AADSAS? How about a BCP class? I know in the grand scheme of things its not the best class to take but I need to show my ability to take a demanding courseload and summer selection at the local university is not all that great. Also taking Vertebrate Histology, Intro to Pharmacology, and a human Embryology course.

kema

Eureka!!
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I will be applying this cycle for my third year. First year I got a couple of interviews and waitlisted but it has been silent this last year. I have applied for MS 1 year programs next year and got into one, still waiting to hear about the other two. Also taking some post-bac classes this summer to show my ability to handle a rigorous science courseload in a semester where grades will post before they make the first round decisions. I have around a 3.3 GPA total and science and 20/19 for the DAT. Probably going to have to retake the DAT this summer because I took it in spring of 2006.

One of the classes I am considering this summer is Physiological Pyschology, PSB 3002. It is out of the Psychobiology department. Does anyone know if it would be considered a science class by AADSAS? How about a BCP class? I know in the grand scheme of things its not the best class to take but I need to show my ability to take a demanding courseload and summer selection at the local university is not all that great. Also taking Vertebrate Histology, Intro to Pharmacology, and a human Embryology course.
Sorry to hear that this is your 3rd time around. This is my second time and I honestly pray to GOD that I will nail the DAT this time. You did well on your DAT so I think with all those classes your taking. You will most definitely gain acceptance at a few schools this time around. Just apply early and nail interviews.

airsimon

10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Status
Dental Student
airsimon, I see that you are attending OHSU. Are you saying that just becuase I have a 4.0 I have good chance of getting in. My DAT is not extremely strong is why I wasn't sure.

Also, what did you think of OHSU when you went for your interview? I have been their a couple of times to visit and it is an old school but I felt it had a great atmosphere about it!
At my interview they said that whether you got a 17 or a 22 you meet their requirement. They really like GPAs, although other schools are more "DAT based". But with a 4.0 (assuming you really have a 4.0, and your not like a freshmen or something that hasn't taken any upper division science classes) I think you'll be good to go at a lot more schools then just OHSU (if OHSU isn't your first choice).
I loved the school. Yes, the faciities are a bit older than other schools I've been to but everyone was super chill and I just had a good feeling there. The rain sucks, but hey... you should already be used to that! good luck!

jlee1986

10+ Year Member
May 21, 2007
Status
Dental Student
hey guys,

i'll be applying for the first time this month...i was wondering how many schools i should apply to with a 3.7 cum/sci gpa and 21/21/26..?

OP
masksof2004

masksof2004

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
:( i have to still edit-reedit my personal statement, make it complete, order my transcripts.... and select the schools! i have so much other crap to do at school (since its like midterms every week)... applications are coming up in less than a week... and i m totally lost! IN SHORT ... I NEED HELP!!:( :boom:

I need help with selecting my schools....
I am from CA... and i wanna know what out-of-state schools do not care about the residency status? (international residents .. ok!)

also, what schools REQUIRE anatomy and physiology to apply? (cuz i havent taken mine yet.. and do not plan on taking it until next year)

Whats the latest date i can apply for my file to be in the 1st round of selection??

MY stats are: GPA: 3.91, DAT score: 21 AA, 23 PAT

if you cant answer all questions, answer whatever u can... all the feedback is more than welcome!!!

thank you so much,
-masksof2004

Suren911

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
:( i have to still edit-reedit my personal statement, make it complete, order my transcripts.... and select the schools! i have so much other crap to do at school (since its like midterms every week)... applications are coming up in less than a week... and i m totally lost! IN SHORT ... I NEED HELP!!:( :boom:

I need help with selecting my schools....
I am from CA... and i wanna know what out-of-state schools do not care about the residency status? (international residents .. ok!)

also, what schools REQUIRE anatomy and physiology to apply? (cuz i havent taken mine yet.. and do not plan on taking it until next year)

Whats the latest date i can apply for my file to be in the 1st round of selection??

MY stats are: GPA: 3.91, DAT score: 21 AA, 23 PAT

if you cant answer all questions, answer whatever u can... all the feedback is more than welcome!!!

thank you so much,
-masksof2004
You're effing set, my friend. Have all your stuff in by Aug 1st and you should be good to go. It takes 4-8 weeks to process so I say send your apps no later than June 1st. Best of luck, not that you need any, really, looking at your stats.