Whose applying this may 2008??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys,

i'll be applying for the first time this month...i was wondering how many schools i should apply to with a 3.7 cum/sci gpa and 21/21/26..?
I'd say probably around 8. I have a friend with stats like that and got into all 7 schools he applied to. But do realize that extra curricular stuff also matter.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I'm also applying for fall 2009. I'm graduating in two weeks. Planning on taking the DAT this summer. Asked for three LOR from the Professors in my department and one from an oral surgeon that I assisted for a year. I'm applying to ten schools in the NY/CT/MA/PA area.

Good luck to everyone!:)

yeah im applying this year too. its going to be interesting to see how it turns out in terms of applicant pool. is anybody going to take kaplan this year? why or why not?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah im applying this year too. its going to be interesting to see how it turns out in terms of applicant pool. is anybody going to take kaplan this year? why or why not?

I too am thinking of takin kaplan

I'm also taking kaplan. I know quite a few people that had good results with kaplan as long as you take it seriously and know their book backwards and forwards. The only thing that the kaplan does not do well is the PAT section. Someone else is going to instruct me in that section.

I'm also taking kaplan. I know quite a few people that had good results with kaplan as long as you take it seriously and know their book backwards and forwards. The only thing that the kaplan does not do well is the PAT section. Someone else is going to instruct me in that section.

Really? That is the opposite of what i've heard. I have spoken to a few people who took kaplan, and said that the pat is the best section for kaplan.

I got a quick question for you savvy folk:

My beloved institute of higher learning is on the quarter system, and will not release spring grades until f---ing JUNE 18th. Can anyone speculate as to the damage this extra waiting will do, or should I just blow off the wait and send in my official transcript thru winter 2008?

With any luck, I will stay west of the Rockies for school.
I'm applying UW, UoP, Western, UCSF, LLU, USC, Penn, and ASDOH.

Good luck everyone!

I took the Kaplan online course and thought the only thing I wasn't really prepared for was the QR, they did no trig in my course and I had at least 4 trig questions on the actual exam. I'd also get some supplemental bio readings too.

I took Kaplan's online course over christmas vacation and took DAT shortly after. As you can see by my scores, I didn't do outstanding but I still think that Kaplans is worth the money. I tried to cram too much material into four weeks of studying. If you take the online course I recommend taking every bit of the 6 weeks they say its going to take to complete. And to answer your question about Kaplan's PAT section, it's great if you practice it enough. That's the only thing that can help you with the PAT. I scored really well in that section and I didn't use anyting besides Kaplan. Good luck to you all!

I got a quick question for you savvy folk:

My beloved institute of higher learning is on the quarter system, and will not release spring grades until f---ing JUNE 18th. Can anyone speculate as to the damage this extra waiting will do, or should I just blow off the wait and send in my official transcript thru winter 2008?
Good luck everyone!

I am in the same situation. I called OHSU to ask if I would be better off submitting my application and then updating spring grades during the update sessions and they said to contact AADSAS... anyone else have suggestions?

Really? That is the opposite of what i've heard. I have spoken to a few people who took kaplan, and said that the pat is the best section for kaplan.

Maybe it is the particular Kaplan testing center that I will be attending. One of the instructors there said that their overall approach to teaching the PAT is confusing and told me to come to her before I start with Kaplan. Hopefully other Kaplan centers are better at it.

I took Kaplan's online course over christmas vacation and took DAT shortly after. As you can see by my scores, I didn't do outstanding but I still think that Kaplans is worth the money. I tried to cram too much material into four weeks of studying. If you take the online course I recommend taking every bit of the 6 weeks they say its going to take to complete. And to answer your question about Kaplan's PAT section, it's great if you practice it enough. That's the only thing that can help you with the PAT. I scored really well in that section and I didn't use anyting besides Kaplan. Good luck to you all!

Are you saying that 4 weeks, if you study all day, every day, and are not working or volunteering or anything else, is not enough to adequately prepare for this test? btw, i got a 17 on a practice test on the chem section just cold, and a 15 overall.

thanks