Whose research do you find most interesting?

Started by alamo4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alamo4

Dudeist
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There have been recent posts asking things like what are hot topics in neuro-relevant pharmacology and who are great surgeons, but I'm interested in whose research people currently find the most interesting/compelling/exciting.

Is there someone who writes stuff you always want to read?

Whose opinion on neurosurgical topics do you find most compelling?

I have an RSS feed for a couple people, I'd be curious to see if anyone else has any opinions. Sorry I'm such a noob.
 
My main interest is in vascular neurosurgery and its therefore the research and researchers I know best. I'm more familiar with the US based surgeons and am always on the lookout for articles from the Buffalo or Jefferson groups who write about the crazy newfangled endovascular stuff they're developing at their institutions. Lawton's group at UCSF and Sekhar's group writes extensively on open-vascular. The UF group down in Florida have done some work using the national medicare database. I'm not so familiar with people from outside the US so there is no one person or group from Asia or Europe that immediately catches my eye. One person in particular to look for is Robert Starke, a resident at UVA. Dude is easily the most published neurosurgery resident in the country if not the world. I'm not sure how, but he collaborates on nearly every paper that comes out of Columbia and UVA.