• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Why are there so few DOs in Michigan Allopathic Residencies

Ceusina

Dec 5, 2014
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm looking at residency programs in Michigan (I'm from Michigan, but attending medical school out of state... I haven't lived in Michigan in 10+ years, but I'm considering moving back) and a see a severe lack of osteopathic graduates in allopathic residencies in Michigan. Is it because there are so many osteopathic residencies that most DOs forgo the allopathic match for the "safer" DO match? Is Michigan, in general, anti-DOs in allopathic programs? I've stumbled across many programs with 50% or more IMGs, but zero DOs. Someone help me understand!

Upvote 0
About the Ads

FutureDO2016

Mar 22, 2013
  1. Medical Student
Yeah, I'm kind of jealous my home state does not have as many DO residency slots...Michigan has developed GME and residency programs very successfully! If only states with bigger cities or suburbs followed instead of the random new rural programs AOA makes. Wouldn't you want training in a bigger place with more pathology? I get that they are trying to recruit doctors to those areas but still..

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.