Why are there so many 22AA+ DAT score on sdn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
he's being sarcastic

Members don't see this ad.

One of the prerequisites. This is new and must be followed strictly or else, you get a rejection. One must win a Nobel Prize.

One of the prerequisites. This is new and must be followed strictly or else, you get a rejection. One must win a Nobel Prize.

Well, that would certainly help dental students to finance their educations, and you could forget about saturation. Then again, most people in dental school would be elderly... Pros and cons to everything, I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can i get one of those online at University of Phoenix?

Ha! OMG I had a girl telling me good luck about my application...she said "Well hopefully you'll get in but if not can you apply somewhere else?" I told her I had to be local with my kids and needing family around to help out (I only applied to one school). She said "have you tried online?" Whaaaattt? "Umm no...they don't have online dental schools...besides, I doubt you'd want me working on you if I went to one." She said "we'll don't they have something where you can take your classes online and do your clinicals at an office locally?" Smh "Uhh, nope. It's like med school. For teeth. It's 4 solid years and you actually have to go to the school..." It amazes me how little people know about what dentists have to go through to become a dentist. They're a DOCTOR for a reason. Do they think we take a year of online classes and work at an office for on the job training and "Poof!" you're a dentist? If only it was that easy.

Ha! OMG I had a girl telling me good luck about my application...she said "Well hopefully you'll get in but if not can you apply somewhere else?" I told her I had to be local with my kids and needing family around to help out (I only applied to one school). She said "have you tried online?" Whaaaattt? "Umm no...they don't have online dental schools...besides, I doubt you'd want me working on you if I went to one." She said "we'll don't they have something where you can take your classes online and do your clinicals at an office locally?" Smh "Uhh, nope. It's like med school. For teeth. It's 4 solid years and you actually have to go to the school..." It amazes me how little people know about what dentists have to go through to become a dentist. They're a DOCTOR for a reason. Do they think we take a year of online classes and work at an office for on the job training and "Poof!" you're a dentist? If only it was that easy.

+1!! I think the majority of people have no clue that dental school is four years! Everyone is so surprised when I tell them.

The average score for any given section is 17, and the average AA in the application pool is 18.

With self-selected populations like SDN, data tends to be skewed because of a phenomena known in statistics as volunteer bias. Think about it- the majority of SDN users are overachievers and perfectionists. You will be fine. :)

+1!! I think the majority of people have no clue that dental school is four years! Everyone is so surprised when I tell them.

Same here. Everyone is like "Wow I had no idea! I could never go to school that long!" Granted, I am in KY but STILL...(lol) with 2 in state dental schools here you'd think people would have SOME knowledge. The only ones that do are other professionals.

The average score for any given section is 17, and the average AA in the application pool is 18.

With self-selected populations like SDN, data tends to be skewed because of a phenomena known in statistics as volunteer bias. Think about it- the majority of SDN users are overachievers and perfectionists. You will be fine. :)

I think it's higher than that now. It was around 17 or 18 when I looked at some outdated sources from a few years back. And DAT takers vs. applicants are also different. The latter will be a bit higher I'm sure.

30? why not 35AA?:cool:

Because I did it. A laws of nature and standardized test defying performance landed me a 35AA. The printer exploded as soon as it spat out my gold embossed unofficial test scores.

Who primarily frequents SDN? Of those who post their scores on their signature and write their DAT breakdowns, who is more likely and more frequent to willingly post their scores? Now who do you think over-represents the posted scores on SDN?

Eh, there are so many 22+ scores on here for the same reason there is so much talk about $250,000+ salaries. You don't post it unless it's post-worthy.

Don't panic. You can still get in just fine with a lower score.

Just remember that the average for most schools now is a 20AA (19.7ish).

I think the reason so many people get great scores on SDN is that people are only willing to post their stats if they did well. Plus, this is a distorted sample because only people who care an awful lot about getting in will take the time to become a fan of this website and take the time to post (and thus do well on their DAT because they care). A good test to do would be to see how many slots there are for each school and how many of the accepted students posted their stats in relation to the number of spots. I have a question, on the school statistics, are the DAT averages and GPA averages the averages of the students who were accepted, or the students who actually matriculated? Because several schools could all accept the same person and that person could raise all of their averages. Just curious.

I have a question, on the school statistics, are the DAT averages and GPA averages the averages of the students who were accepted, or the students who actually matriculated? Because several schools could all accept the same person and that person could raise all of their averages. Just curious.

Matriculated. If they counted everyone that was accepted, the values would be skewed upwards or downwards.