Why attend NYCOM -- What are the best things NYCOM has to offer??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amoxicillin

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why attend NYCOM -- What are the best things NYCOM has to offer?? Thank you for all the info.

Members don't see this ad.

NYCOM is a very diverse school, the professors are really nice. It is close to NYC just incase if you want to go there and party or something.

NYCOM academic teaching isn't #1, but it isnt bad. 3rd and 4th years at NYCOM is fantastic, the best out of all DO's school in my opinion in regards to options of hospitals. If you look at the NYCOMEC alone, which are NYCOM affiliated hospitals there are like 15 hospitals which you can do your rotation and residency at. Most of these hospitals are located IN NYC which would give your experience a plus.

St. Barnabas in the bronx is no longer affiliated w/ NYCOM... we couldnt afford them, but I know from a 3rd resident there that they LOVE NYCOM students, especially DOs. I think most of the ER physicians are all DOs.

sia_simba said:
St. Barnabas in the bronx is no longer affiliated w/ NYCOM... we couldnt afford them, but I know from a 3rd resident there that they LOVE NYCOM students, especially DOs. I think most of the ER physicians are all DOs.

Correct me if im worng, but I don't believe cost was the reason. Also I think we are still allowed to do clinical campuses there, for those third years who want to spend the entire year at that hospital.

Members don't see this ad :)
What was the reason then? Can you elaborate? thank you.

theDr. said:
What was the reason then? Can you elaborate? thank you.

Didn't PCOM have something to do with it?

Well, to my understanding, it was due to cost, and PCOM said.. "we're going for it" so pcom got it and NYCOM didn't want to pay. (please correct me if I am wrong)

I got my information from a 3rd yr residence in EM who works at st. Barnabas, and a 3rd yr residence in anesthesiology. But you are correct though, we can still do stuff there. I'm just saying that we arent affiliated w/ them anymore.

But we still have a lot of other great hospitals.