1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Why BU>NYU?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by 997GT3, Feb 27, 2007.

1. 997GT3

997GT3 There is no substitute.
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    So you got into both, why did you pick BU over NYU?

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. timelyjeez

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I actually chose NYU over any just b/c I couldn't resist the facility and location! and $ doesn't matter much to me.

4. Mackchops

Mackchops Toothy grin
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    $ matters to me but I withdrew from BU (and most other places) when I got my NYU acceptance because it really is just a spectacular school. It gets a bad rap as the 'safety" dental school (whatever that means) because its average incoming student grades and DATs have been low in past years, but that is more an indication of the cost rather than quality of education.

I like NYU because of its size -- a lot of feedback from a huge faculty base (my girlfriend is in vet school right now with a class of 80. With most departments consisting of only one or two viewpoints she feels she's receiving more of an indoctrination than an education.) The patient pool is large, and diverse. And the city is new york. Boston ain't bad but there's nothing like NYC. I can't wait.

But the thing that excites me the most about NYU is how they are fully aware of their need to attract better students and, while it seems most other schools are remaining in the past with stagnant curriculums and ancient technology (cough temple cough), NYU is amazingly dynamic and poised to become THE leader in dental education and research. Yeah, I want to be a part of that. No-brainer to me.

5. keibee82

keibee82 Blue_tooth...
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I choose Yankees over Red Sox :thumbup: