1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

why BU?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by katem, Oct 8, 2002.

1. katem

katem Member
    7+ Year Member

hi guys,

i'm interviewing at bu tomorrow. besides the fact that i LOVE boston, i haven't been able to find much on their website, etc, to make a case for why i would want to go there. any of you who are applying or have interviewed have any thoughts on what sets bu apart from other schools?

thanks!

katem

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

So...this girl I know was telling me about how her mom thinks that lots of people hate BU... Her mom says, "yeah, I keep seeing all these shirts that say F U BU!" :)

4. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    that's a great question for the interview ;)

5. cabruen

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The poem that runs around the MIT fraternity circuit it...

BU to bed,
    Wellesley to wed,
    and MIT to talk to!

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

From the MSAR: ....Integrated Problems, a course using problem-based learning, was added and the courses in introduction to clinical medicine reinforced......In addition to the conventional clerkships in medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and psychiatry, a clerkship in out-patient primary care is required in either the third or fourth year. The new curriculum includes four mandatory clerkships for the fourth year: neurology, radiology, ambulatory primary care, and home medicine.......A dynamic generalist curriculum in the primary care disciplines of internal medicine, family practice, and pediatrics is presented throughout the four years. Faculty in nearby urban and suburban practices serve as mentors and teachers. Primary care medicine is taught in these physician's (sic) office practices, in community health centers, patients' homes, day care centers, and shelters. Experience in rural practice (in the U.S. and abroad) is available as electives in the fourth year......Students may also pursue a pathway of study leading to the .......MD/MPH.

Everyone should have a copy of the MSAR. Last year I tore out the pages for each school where I was interviewing and took them with me to review while traveling or the night before the interview (along with copies of my primary and secondary apps).

Another interesting tidbit about BU. It was founded in 1948 as The New England Female Medical College, the first medschool for women!

7. Dr. Wall$treet

Dr. Wall$treet Membership Revoked
    Removed

i could be mistaken but im alsmot sure it was BU that had on their secondary app a question asking why you wanted to go there but they said it was perfectly acceptable to say no reason cause they realized that students apply to lots of places to give themselves a good shot at getting in..i LOVED that question! .. might have been Tufts thought

8. that was tufts

9. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

BU does not have a secondary app -- they just ask for money.

10. Mr. Z

Mr. Z Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, honesty is a good quality in a school...

11. poloace

poloace Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

... to think- that 100 bucks i dropped on their secondary will easily inebriate the incoming class with a keg or two... bastards-
    p