Tufts/BU Connections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dizzylifeguard2001

Reaction score
Does Tufts/BU care about connections to the city of Boston? I have quite a few, making it my favorite city in the country. For their secondary prompts about wishing to include additional comments, I'm thinking of it as a "why us", but I don't know if I should...
  1. Focus on aspects of the school itself (curriculum, research opportunities, etc.)
  2. Write a story about my connections to Boston, which date back to the 1950's when my grandparents immigrated here
There isn't a large enough character count to do both to the quality I want... which one should I use?

(Yes I'm pre-writing my secondaries)

Members don't see this ad.

You could go with, "My ties to Boston are deep beginning with my grandparents arrival in Boston from ___ in the 1950s. Beyond my ties to Boston, I am attracted to [school's name] innovative ...."

You can have it all. ;) I would focus mostly on the school in a "why us" statement but it doesn't hurt to mention ties to the city, particularly if it isn't your hometown.

Reactions: 2 users