Why can’t we read the posts in the Practicing Physicians forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radio frequency

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like the title says. They are free to come in here and comment on anything we post, but we can’t even read their posts? What gives, SDN?

Members don't see this ad.

Real doctors only.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ours would go private too if we got provider status.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
In their "private" forum, they get to show their true selves, which might reveal a bit too much to the unsuspecting public about their true humanity. Pharmacists on these forums are kind of an open book. It's too bad we can't read their forums though. Some of their discussions on the forums we can read are hilarious.

Reactions: 1 user
Because you're not practicing physicians? Same reason I can't see the Chief Resident section. I would think if enough of y'all wanted a practicing pharmacist section SDN would set that up.

Besides, it's way more boring than you likely think.

Maybe that's why there are only about 4 threads with be a post this week

Like the title says. They are free to come in here and comment on anything we post, but we can’t even read their posts? What gives, SDN?
They don't want you picking up on information that might change your perspective. There is an overwhelming force of censorship on these forums and elsewhere. This is to protect the public from the supposed threat of misinformation, like possibly injecting yourself with bleach :)

Last edited:
Because you're not practicing physicians? Same reason I can't see the Chief Resident section. I would think if enough of y'all wanted a practicing pharmacist section SDN would set that up.

This forum is the only equivalent on SDN, and you aren’t a practicing pharmacist it appears.

This forum is the only equivalent on SDN, and you aren’t a practicing pharmacist it appears.

I would love for other physicians/ non-rph folks to post here because let’s be honest, this forum is boring for the most part and I am very much interested in others’ viewpoints because I already know what pharmacists think.

VA Hopeful is a darn good poster (I lurk everywhere so I know). We should be welcoming to other folks.

Also in order to join, you have to have your identity verified by a mod. I don’t know about you guys but I have no intention of revealing my identity to anyone online.

Also in order to join, you have to have your identity verified by a mod. I don’t know about you guys but I have no intention of revealing my identity to anyone online.

One hundred percent with you. Not trying to have this leaked to employers and such, I already slightly doxxed myself enough.

Plus, I can't act like an internet tough guy if everyone finds out that I'm actually a puffy baby man.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Yet here you are. Oh the irony!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone can post into any other forums that are open. Pharmacy is an open forum. Vast majority of physician forums are also open. Have seen couple of pharmacy folks regularly post into other forums.

Also, if enough folks here want their own private forum, I am sure SDN will set it up. But be prepared for some screening.

I would love for other physicians/ non-rph folks to post here because let’s be honest, this forum is boring for the most part and I am very much interested in others’ viewpoints because I already know what pharmacists think.

VA Hopeful is a darn good poster (I lurk everywhere so I know). We should be welcoming to other folks.
I appreciate VA Hopeful’s posts and am glad they are here. I just find the comparison a bit odd as this forum is aimed at practicing pharmacists (which they are not), so it doesn’t seem like a reasonable explanation for why the practicing physicians forum is closed to others.

I honestly would love to be able to post in the MD forums because I think collaboration benefits us all. I am a better pharmacist from my work with MDs, and I know I’ve also helped some MDs in their practice as well.

Maybe we need a clinical corner forum, open to all. Case study discussion, etc! Or even a journal club! I’m noticing now the medical student forum has something like this...guess I’ll look and see if it’s open.

so it doesn’t seem like a reasonable explanation for why the practicing physicians forum is closed to others.

I honestly would love to be able to post in the MD forums because I think collaboration benefits us all. I am a better pharmacist from my work with MDs, and I know I’ve also helped some MDs in their practice as well.

Maybe we need a clinical corner forum, open to all. Case study discussion, etc! Or even a journal club! I’m noticing now the medical student forum has something like this...guess I’ll look and see if it’s open.

Physician forums aren’t closed. There are 10s of different forums open: anesthesia, emergency, radiology, psychiatry, pain, rad onc, surgery and many others. There is a plenty of stuff for you to read and participate if you choose.

Confidential consel I am assuming is only for sensitive topics and mainly personal advice that people don’t feel comfortable sharing. I am not a part of it but I have read almost all of the active discussions occurs in the sections that are open to everyone. In fact anesthesia has their own private forum where only anesthesiologists can participate in. Similarly pain and rad onc. Even other physicians can’t join.

Yeah I personally am not a fan of the closed forums. It’s a lot of work screening people and frankly I think being open is more fun. And the vast, vast majority of the MD forums are open for everyone same as this forum. So yeah go crazy and participate in any forum/thread you want!

With the exception of like 3 or 4 closed forums lol

Reactions: 3 users
Perhaps we could petition the admin team to give us a practicing pharmacist only section. That way nobody else gets to see our dope stock market tips and only we get to get rich.
I like your plan. Step 3: profit.😅

My conspiracy theory is the private forums have the best TRUE conspiracies that they don’t want us to know. Probably need to confirm you are in the Illuminati, AMAs with the Rothschilds every week, deep state dox materials, all sorts of goodies.

friggin PBMs always screwing us over.

• Haha
Nope, that "Physician" label underneath my username makes that quite plain.

As for this forum, I post (and lurk more often) because I have found it valuable to understand y'all's perspective and occasionally to try and inform you of the physician end of things. Speaking for myself, I would welcome you to do the same in the FM forum if you wanted to.

That said, if you would prefer to not have physician involvement here I would respect that.

As for this forum, I post (and lurk more often) because I have found it valuable to understand y'all's perspective and occasionally to try and inform you of the physician end of things. Speaking for myself, I would welcome you to do the same in the FM forum if you wanted to.

That said, if you would prefer to not have physician involvement here I would respect that.
You're perfectly welcome here. Everyone benefits from having multiple perspectives, especially when those perspectives are given in a respectful way. Don't worry about any grumpolopokus that want to keep other professionals off our lawn. ;)

Nice use of the term “y’all’s”...I’m going to take a guess: you’re from Texas?

I’m just glad they hid the cesspool that is SPF