why did we lock the unfair preceptor thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dred Pirate

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
we actually had an active discussion going, and it gets locked, it didn't even get ugly?? (unless I am missing some deleted posts) moderators killing this message board

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
We started letting users have more control over their posts and one of the newer options is the ability to close your own threads. As an old school guy I don’t love it but it is what it is.

Not a moderator action though just FYI.

Reactions: 3 users
If this were Reddit, Dred Pirate would now delete the OP and lock the thread.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
We started letting users have more control over their posts and one of the newer options is the ability to close your own threads. As an old school guy I don’t love it but it is what it is.

Not a moderator action though just FYI.
my bad- that seems silly- like "I can't take the heat" so I will bow out

1 trillion TC with 6 months of coding boot camp bro
These preceptors got nothing on me bro
-letsquitpharm

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
we actually had an active discussion going, and it gets locked, it didn't even get ugly?? (unless I am missing some deleted posts) moderators killing this message board
The medical/pharmacy rotation model is flawed, mostly 'pimping' questions and self-learning, guessing what they should study based on a review of patients.
I always tried to distill the most important, but basic, information for the students, geared towards their post-grad practice setting.

Saying that, I have observed the new student cohorts, both wanting spoon feeding, but no homework, and a kind of tour experience. For instance, we didn't have daily rounds at a facility I was at, but they demanded it.

Disinterested students in our day, would be happy to have a non-high stakes rotation, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. You can create a low-stakes rotation, with spoon feeding and cessation of all advanced, ancillary information, and the students can still be upset.

I think it's partially generational (We aren't that old here) and the less able state of pharmacy students post-2016 entrants.

What do you guys do for your hospital rotations?