Why deciding for ENT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drivesmecraazee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's a question directed to residents, attendings and advanced med students, I know you all picked ENT because you liked the field, but I would like to know your reasons a little bit more explained, I think I'll go for ENT, but ophto's a good option too, I haven't decided yet and I have plenty of time to do it.

Members don't see this ad.

Its fun.

Treat a variety of ages and pathologies. Surgeries are very diverse: ear surgery is nothing like endo-nasal is nothing like open neck. Office procedures are fun. Patients are usually healthy.

Tanks ;)

What do you mean with patients being healty? I guess some pathologies can be very serious.

Members don't see this ad :)
It means you can focus on the problem at hand rather than comorbidities. (e.g., treat the cancer without worrying too much if the patient can handle the surgery).

Now I understand...well...seems like a very cool field

Its the cats meow.

:laugh:...I guess this is a texan expression...isn't? I don't know, Im not american, well actually I AM since I live in this continent but not specifically in the US

:laugh:...I guess this is a texan expression...isn't? I don't know, Im not american, well actually I AM since I live in this continent but not specifically in the US

haha, hardly. i'm from texas actually and there are definitiely more people who don't know that term than those who do.

You're from Texas too? It seems like there are a lot of texan doctors, or at least so it seems in this forum. I've met some texans, mostly from Austin, cool guys, very characteristic way of being, what part of Texas are you from?

You're from Texas too? It seems like there are a lot of texan doctors, or at least so it seems in this forum. I've met some texans, mostly from Austin, cool guys, very characteristic way of being, what part of Texas are you from?

Fort Worth to be specific. I agree, as a whole, we are a generally friendly bunch. Thanks.

We Texans are great. Bar none.

I can say that now that I am a newly ordained Texan.