why did U choose pedes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mobrol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question for all pede's resdents out there, 1. why you decided to do pedes, and 2. do you think you made the right choice?

I'm a 3rd year med student doing my rotation in pediatrics now, and while I knew I'd love pede's, and I'll probably go into pede's I just wanted to get some feedback from the residents out there. I know everyone says how we don't make any money and so on, but so far except for the crazy mothers and inept parents I've loved this rotation.

I'd love to get some feedback, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

mobrol said:
This is a question for all pede's resdents out there, 1. why you decided to do pedes, and 2. do you think you made the right choice?

I'm a 3rd year med student doing my rotation in pediatrics now, and while I knew I'd love pede's, and I'll probably go into pede's I just wanted to get some feedback from the residents out there. I know everyone says how we don't make any money and so on, but so far except for the crazy mothers and inept parents I've loved this rotation.

I'd love to get some feedback, thanks

I did it for the money and the chicks

several reasons....it all has to do with all the things that MOST kids are NOT

-morbidly obese
-smokers
-drug abusers
-drug seekers
-noncompliant

i find children invigorating....i find children's hospitals fun to be in....kids get better faster than adults....kids respect you and are honest with you....kids do not bring their disorders upon themselves (such as endocarditis in heroin abusers, liver dz in alcoholics, heart disease in lethargic people), but are often victims of bad genes, bad parents, or bad luck...i feel as if i am helping people that cannot help themselves, as such i fell like i am making a much more significant impact in the life of my patients