Why did you choose to become a pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I chose the pharmacy profession so that I could direct people like you to the Search function on the forum.

Has that been covered on here? How about when to get pregnant or is hospital better than retail or how much will I make as a pharmacist or is XYZ city over saturated I can't get a job.

I am sure none of the above would come up in a search. Give the guy a break.:meanie:
 
Cuz I prefer counting pills over pulling teeth.
 
Has that been covered on here? How about when to get pregnant or is hospital better than retail or how much will I make as a pharmacist or is XYZ city over saturated I can't get a job.

I am sure none of the above would come up in a search. Give the guy a break.:meanie:

You're absolutely right, where are my manners? I'm sure he'll only start threads of topics that have not yet been covered.

Hey, look, he started a thread about POWER. :meanie: :beat:
 
You're absolutely right, where are my manners? I'm sure he'll only start threads of topics that have not yet been covered.

Hey, look, he started a thread about POWER. :meanie: :beat:


I chose it because I saw becoming an Anesthesia Pharmacist as a means to an end....That and I didn't realize that I'd be able to handle medical school with ease until after I was too deep into pharmacy school to turn around.
 
I chose it because I saw becoming an Anesthesia Pharmacist as a means to an end....That and I didn't realize that I'd be able to handle medical school with ease until after I was too deep into pharmacy school to turn around.

You're a year in, plenty of time to turn around.

I think if we keep the Anasthesia-Pharmacist thing going on here long enough, we can probably convince the ASA that it's a good idea. Here comes a new BCPS certification!
 
You're a year in, plenty of time to turn around.

I think if we keep the Anasthesia-Pharmacist thing going on here long enough, we can probably convince the ASA that it's a good idea. Here comes a new BCPS certification!


Yeah, BUt I don't have a Bachelor's degree as a result of being a 2 + 4 year student. So it would probably take me a year and summer to complete a bachelor's degree. Then I'd have to take the MCAT...and then apply to med school [probably FSU]. I just think it'd take too much work to switch over. It's either be 3 years away from a degree or 5 and a half.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude, if you're really having second thoughts pull the ripcord now.

"Too much work"???? 2-2.5 years difference in school is insignificant compared to 40 years working in a field you don't enjoy.


I wouldn't necessarily say I'm having second thoughts. In all actuality, I didn't realize my potential in high school......I made As and it wasn't that big of a deal. Neither of my parents, or anyone in my family for that matter, went to college. So they just wanted me to go...so I was building off an occupational knowledge base that was nonexistent. When I realized, "Hey, I really want to do something with my life" I looked for a career choice where the outlook was good and so was the pay: Pharmacy was the first to hit me! So I sent out my application to FAMU and got accepted and was like, sweettttt I'm going to be a pharmacist. Never really thought twice about it.


And thus far in my matriculation I have loved every minute of it, except for some issues I have with some of the stuff that goes on in the school. I love pharmacy and the ability it provides me to become a knowledgeable person.

I Just always think about how much more knowledge I could possibly gain from med school as opposed to Pharmacy School......


And oddly enough, I somehow seem to measure success based on how much someone knows.



Man, I went off on so many tangents and bored you with my life story.....lol
 
I became a pharmist because I couldn't get into HVAC school.

It's a natural progression because most pharmacists are full of hot air, vent inappropriately at techs, and should chill out. I switched from HVAC to pharmacy because my HVACCAT was low and my LOR was abysmal.
 
It's a natural progression because most pharmacists are full of hot air, vent inappropriately at techs, and should chill out. I switched from HVAC to pharmacy because my HVACCAT was low and my LOR was abysmal.



This post is full of win.
 
I take umbrage at that. I demand satisfaction. It's pistols at dawn.

Haha, it was only a zing directed at prior comment he made earlier that night.

Heck, I took some pre-reqs at CC! Made total sense financially. Funny enough, the one I attended is no longer CC, and just "College" since they offer a BS degree in one or two programs. 😛 Those were the days...
 
Haha, it was only a zing directed at prior comment he made earlier that night.

Heck, I took some pre-reqs at CC! Made total sense financially. Funny enough, the one I attended is no longer CC, and just "College" since they offer a BS degree in one or two programs. 😛 Those were the days...

It was a tongue-in-cheek statement. I'm pretty sure dueling has been outlawed in this country anyway.