Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! Happy New Years, everyone!
So, I know there were earlier threads about this topic, but the ones I saw were from 2005. 😎 Kind of curious to see what applicants/current students/practitioners are saying...👍 especially with the new year in progress now.
For me, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't planning for my future lifestyle, flexibility (from the various opportunities as a prospective PharmD candidate) and independence in the field. But having graduated with a BS degree, worked full-time in research, and changed career path from another profession, I can totally see the new demand for pharmacists and my passion for it is slowly increasing, as I talk to other pharmacists, and do more research about the field.
What about yourselves? How did you know you wanted to pursue this path after high school? after post-undergrad degree, and/or after working in similar or other career paths? Feel free to share. I am interested to hear about everyone's stories. 😉
So, I know there were earlier threads about this topic, but the ones I saw were from 2005. 😎 Kind of curious to see what applicants/current students/practitioners are saying...👍 especially with the new year in progress now.
For me, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't planning for my future lifestyle, flexibility (from the various opportunities as a prospective PharmD candidate) and independence in the field. But having graduated with a BS degree, worked full-time in research, and changed career path from another profession, I can totally see the new demand for pharmacists and my passion for it is slowly increasing, as I talk to other pharmacists, and do more research about the field.
What about yourselves? How did you know you wanted to pursue this path after high school? after post-undergrad degree, and/or after working in similar or other career paths? Feel free to share. I am interested to hear about everyone's stories. 😉

So that pretty much leaves me with Pharmacy. Which offers a good pay, a stable career (recession proof!