Why do dentists do that?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mikado

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why do dentistS talk to you and ask you non-rhetorical questions while they have you pinned down with your mouth full of instruments?

Obviously you are unable to talk back, right? Is this some kind of diversion trick where the irritation gets your mind off the discomfort of the procedure, or are they just a bunch of *******es?

Members don't see this ad.

I think your dentist is the only ******* in the dental field. :D

My dentist at most would ask me yes/no questions.

Even though their verbal capacity might be restrained, most patients will still make awkward attempts to respond to conversations that are initiated by their dentists. I think dentists become very good at interperting our garbled and non verbal responses. Thus, the dentists likley feel that they and their patients are fully engaged in meaningful converstations during all stages of a dental procedure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mikado
What causes you to have so much pent up aggression towards dentists. All of your posts seem to be on the sour side. Just curious.

Don't worry it's just my immaturity and lack of class. :)

Dentists are lucky, actually. Unlike other professions, (psychiatry) whenever we get an boring idiot who keeps talking and are normally forced to listen, we can just put something in their mouth so that they can't talk anymore. Oh that boring idiot is you by the way. Hope this helps.

Don't think Mikado's just picking on you guys, dentists. He comes over and picks on us optometrists too ;)

BTW Mikado.. where's your yum-yum?
:p