Why are classes that were retaken counted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwawayacc2

Reaction score
Like, if I get a C in one class, retake it and get an A, why am I still beholden to the first grade?
That seems really unforgiving, and just an outright refusal to letting go of the past. I've learned my mistakes and moved on but I keep on being reminded of them by this application process.

Members don't see this ad.

Like, if I get a C in one class, retake it and get an A, why am I still beholden to the first grade?
That seems really unforgiving, and just an outright refusal to letting go of the past. I've learned my mistakes and moved on but I keep on being reminded of them by this application process.
you haven't moved on if you're still bringing this up...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
because I'm being judged for it. I feel like no matter how much I change or push my limits, I'm treated for the way I was 4+ years ago.
perhaps you should look at it another way
if the schools see that you have improved your grade, they will also see how you have changed or pushed your limits...

Reactions: 1 user
perhaps you should look at it another way
if the schools see that you have improved your grade, they will also see how you have changed or pushed your limits...
then why should those classes have weight? If they wanna see my past grades, they have the full right to, I don't care. I just don't like having to deal with them because they're holding me down a hurdle. My master's GPA is a 3.7 but because my freshman year I was having some personal family issues, I wasn't able to devote time to my freshman classes that I had to later retake, now my sGPA is a 2.97. I have 1 masters class left, even if I get an A it'll raise the score to 2.99. I can't even apply to some schools, like UDM.
Its difficult to even explain to my family this situation, and even accusing me of lying.

then why should those classes have weight? If they wanna see my past grades, they have the full right to, I don't care. I just don't like having to deal with them because they're holding me down a hurdle. My master's GPA is a 3.7 but because my freshman year I was having some personal family issues, I wasn't able to devote time to my freshman classes that I had to later retake, now my sGPA is a 2.97. I have 1 masters class left, even if I get an A it'll raise the score to 2.99. I can't even apply to some schools, like UDM.
Its difficult to even explain to my family this situation, and even accusing me of lying.
they have weight because they do
instead of letting it weigh you down, use it as a way to show your growth and development

and your masters gpa is weighted separately from your undergrad gpa...

Reactions: 1 users
So…you want the same reward as someone who got an A the first time? I’m sure you do. As far as I’m concerned regarding retaking a class, you better get an A. I mean it’s literally the second time you’ve seen the material. That’s an “unfair” advantage to all those taking it for the first time. It’s like starting a marathon at the halfway point. Since you’re so worried about fairness and equity, does that seem fair and equitable to you?

Big Hoss

Reactions: 8 users