Why do DO stuednts do allo residencies?

Started by muscme
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So... sitting here next to me is a 4th yr Western Student doing a rotation with one of our General Surgeons and he said, "I didn't do the AOA match because of fellowship options later on."

I'd say that would be a more than good reason to not do AOA. Especially if you're going into internal medicine which usually leads to a fellowship of some kind later on.
 
One of the great things about the army they do not care do or md they are treated equal. so for residency it will not matter your scores matter
 
I am a bit confused now
lets just look at IM/FM
so many hospitals are dual accredited, that it make the argument the apex of DO is equal to the nadir of MD silly. I have been at both hospitals and truly my impression what makes a good hospital for residency is how willing the faculty is willing to teach. doing acgme is not a slam dunk for a great residency.
the more they teach, and the more you read, that i hope makes the difference.

please feel free to comment on what i wrote

rohit kedia
lecom 2011