Why do foreign medical graduates come to the US?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMG_MD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my point....

- Is it the lure of $$$$ that makes you decide to abandon your country despite years of benefiting from the heavily subsidized education that they have given you?

- And if thats the case, that makes you a miserable physician in my opinion, since your motivation is money and not trying to maximize the impact you can make on your fellow countrymen.

- I have (unfortunately) been the patient/victim of a couple of IMG physicians, and I can tell you that their focus is all about extracting the maximum money from the patient. Their standard of ethics is much lower, in a profession where trust is everything

- Before you decide to get on your imaginary high horse and flame me, Mr IMG from some cr**ppy college in the Third World, I'd suggest you look inwards and examine why you're here trying to justify that your pathetic medical infrastructure in your country is better than that of America.

- I think any IMG who makes statements about their education being better than that of an American medical student, or waxes eloquent about how things were better back home, should be bi**ch slapped all the way back to where they came from.

Members don't see this ad.

you're just another one of those big headed AMG's. you think that just because you study in the US you are superior to all other students studying in foreign countries. we get far more exposure to rare medical conditions that you wouldn't even have a remote idea as to what they are or could be. our schools are just as good as those in the US and equally as difficult and challenging. we don't go to the US for the money because we get paid equally as well in our countries. get off YOUR high horse and overpriced medical education. after all medicine is the same all over the world., people in third world countries have the same bodies as people in the US. so go find something better to do. go study or something...loser

nena said:
you're just another one of those big headed AMG's. you think that just because you study in the US you are superior to all other students studying in foreign countries. we get far more exposure to rare medical conditions that you wouldn't even have a remote idea as to what they are or could be. our schools are just as good as those in the US and equally as difficult and challenging. we don't go to the US for the money because we get paid equally as well in our countries. get off YOUR high horse and overpriced medical education. after all medicine is the same all over the world., people in third world countries have the same bodies as people in the US. so go find something better to do. go study or something...loser

Sure - thats why all the medicines you use are American patents, the equipment in your labs is American, and the text books you read are American or British. You get equally paid? I wonder what you're smokng. I suggest you get real, coz clearly you're delusional.

stop trying to attack me, and try to make a valid argument. By your pea-brained personal criticism, you are just validating my hypothesis.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear AMG_MD,

I hope you enjoy the next time a couple of pissed off Arabs give you a lecture on the nature of humility

Yours sincerely,

A dirty foreigner

:)

Hey AMG

Let me clear something before you read my post. I am an American and student trying to get into American Medical School So I am not FMG. Now as for your post, did you know that we are facing a lack of doctors in the rural areas because of restriction on the J-1 visa. Most of the foreign medical grads work in the rural areas and now we are losing that work force. Most of the primary care professionals are FMGs. About American medicines, my dear what are you thinking? The current problem that is facing the american pharmaceutical industry is that the medicines people can get from third world countries are a lot cheaper. If you want to know more about the problems with the pharmaceuticals or primary care and how FMGs are useful please PM me, I can send you bunch of research papers. And please start to think positively as tomorrow we will all be working side by side.

:love:

Purifyer said:
Dear AMG_MD,

I hope you enjoy the next time a couple of pissed off Arabs give you a lecture on the nature of humility

Yours sincerely,

A dirty foreigner

:)

Your anti-Americanism is just as bad as AMG_MD's xenophobia.

This is a public warning to OP. You are way out of line. This thread is closed. If you wish to actually discuss this topic and ask those questions, please rephrase into a constructive thread. Further posts of this nature will result in suspension or banning of your account.

In following with the topic, I'll add my two cents. I'm a US citizen who chose to be educated abroad (ie. a US IMG) for many reasons, including a wish to broaden my experiences. It's unfortunate that the kind of ignorance displayed by the OP is actually a perception of supposedly highly educated people in the medical profession in a country he claims is the best in the world. I don't think education/intelligence and narrow-mindedness go hand in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.