Shake_yabooties

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I've been looking at the secondary from columbia,
and I 've realized most of the questions are basically answered on the primary.
I don't know what's the point of asking them again on the secondary..
argghhhh

kevster2001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status
Medical Student
yeah it's quite annoying.

btw, im also noting the irony in this post being a repost complaining about asking questions twice.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
kevster2001 said:

btw, im also noting the irony in this post being a repost complaining about asking questions twice.
:thumbup:

Yeah, the satisfaction essay was hard. I was really stumped at first. You'll get it. Hang in there.

Dov

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2006
CT
Status
Medical Student
kevster2001 said:

lol :)

TheCybermen

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Shake_yabooties said:
I've been looking at the secondary from columbia,
and I 've realized most of the questions are basically answered on the primary.
I don't know what's the point of asking them again on the secondary..
argghhhh
ONE WORD: DETERRENT.

Everything in the med school admissions is a deterrent, and it's not hard to see. The MCAT, the ludicrous application "process" and associated fees, the secondaries...and the beat goes on.

Hednej

***** Level 60
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Status
Medical Student
TheCybermen said:
ONE WORD: DETERRENT.

Everything in the med school admissions is a deterrent, and it's not hard to see. The MCAT, the ludicrous application "process" and associated fees, the secondaries...and the beat goes on.
I absolutely agree. I've come to the conclusion that primarily they want to see who messes up the worst (like submits their applications the latest, takes too long on their secondary, has grammatical errors, etc...).

Lanced

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Status
Hednej said:
I absolutely agree. I've come to the conclusion that primarily they want to see who messes up the worst (like submits their applications the latest, takes too long on their secondary, has grammatical errors, etc...).
Makes a lot of sense with a "brand-name" school like Columbia. I actually emailed the admissions office and they said its fine to repeat stuff (though I assume they don't mean verbatim). I guess I'll just re-write some of my experiences for their secondary...