Why do you need to ask the same questions columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shake_yabooties

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the secondary from columbia,
and I 've realized most of the questions are basically answered on the primary.
I don't know what's the point of asking them again on the secondary..
argghhhh

Members don't see this ad.

yeah it's quite annoying.

btw, im also noting the irony in this post being a repost complaining about asking questions twice.

kevster2001 said:

btw, im also noting the irony in this post being a repost complaining about asking questions twice.

:thumbup:

Yeah, the satisfaction essay was hard. I was really stumped at first. You'll get it. Hang in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
kevster2001 said:

lol :)

Shake_yabooties said:
I've been looking at the secondary from columbia,
and I 've realized most of the questions are basically answered on the primary.
I don't know what's the point of asking them again on the secondary..
argghhhh

ONE WORD: DETERRENT.

Everything in the med school admissions is a deterrent, and it's not hard to see. The MCAT, the ludicrous application "process" and associated fees, the secondaries...and the beat goes on.

TheCybermen said:
ONE WORD: DETERRENT.

Everything in the med school admissions is a deterrent, and it's not hard to see. The MCAT, the ludicrous application "process" and associated fees, the secondaries...and the beat goes on.
I absolutely agree. I've come to the conclusion that primarily they want to see who messes up the worst (like submits their applications the latest, takes too long on their secondary, has grammatical errors, etc...).

Hednej said:
I absolutely agree. I've come to the conclusion that primarily they want to see who messes up the worst (like submits their applications the latest, takes too long on their secondary, has grammatical errors, etc...).

Makes a lot of sense with a "brand-name" school like Columbia. I actually emailed the admissions office and they said its fine to repeat stuff (though I assume they don't mean verbatim). I guess I'll just re-write some of my experiences for their secondary...