Why does it suck so much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnyxGaia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate to whine, but Physics really sucks and Physics lab is like doing jail time. I have a midterm tomorrow and don't know how I'm going to do.

Any tips for doing well in physics?

Lately, I've started thinking of Physics as my bad-boy lover that I have to keep inder control. Hope that helps rev up some excitement.

:(

Onyx

Members don't see this ad.

You need to grow up and start telling people who care about you (your friends). This is a pre-allopathic forum...you will not get pity or sympathy regarding studying for a physics midterm here. At least not from me... others are much nicer and put up with this BS.

Get out!

Members don't see this ad :)
"inder control"

Hey there Indiangirl, with just a few Private Lessons I can even teach you how to spell. Don't fight it baby. :love:

Hope that Helps.

P 'Make love, not war' ShankOut

Originally posted by alphabeta53
You need to grow up and start telling people who care about you (your friends). This is a pre-allopathic forum...you will not get pity or sympathy regarding studying for a physics midterm here. At least not from me... others are much nicer and put up with this BS.

Get out!

Hey alphabet, cool out some. Yeah we all have had to go through the miserable premed classes with or without sympathy, but we don't need to give someone else crap about it either.
I don't usually say stop bithing, but if you read her post she also asked for suggestions, a legitimate think to want to know right before a test. If this was a "why does the application process suck so much since I didn't get in anywhere," other people would be adding positive things, not the crap that you wrote.

Onyx, I don't know much advice to give. Maybe just try to keep up with doing problems even if they aren't required until you make sure you understand how to do the problems. That's not going to help for your midterm tomorrow, but good luck!
(And I liked your analogy)

Only one way. Do ALL the assigned problems until you can do them right, and know why. Sounds lame but it works.

Onyx, it'll be over soon enough - keep reminding yourself of that. :)

As to study tips, I'd say just do a lot of practice problems (as if you don't know that already ;)). I found that there are so many ways to approach a problem, so it's important to figure out your own way. Don't just look at the text's (or the prof's) examples - sometimes you can use formulas that you learned for other sorts of problems. Does that make sense? :p

Anyhow, good luck tomorrow. Make sure you get lots of sleep so that you can think quickly and shrewdly.

C.

I wasn't a big fan of physics until I took a very basic class in Quantum Mechanics. I liked it so much I decided to major in physics. Physics is great, watch what you say about it, 'cause it good grow on you!

After working all the problems I used to try to make up my own (basic) problems. This helped me a great deal. If you can write your own problems you probally will be capable of answering any problem.

Originally posted by alphabeta53

Get out!

LOL. A little overly-dramatic, don't you think?
As it happens, I'm all grown up and won't even insult you because I'm old enough to know that you're just crying for attention.

Everyone else: Thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure you all know how a little encouragement goes a long way. : )

I'm still doing problems at 12:10 AM, but I'm going to turn in soon.

Onyx

Onyx