Why does Kingsville specifically require mental health insurance?

Started by RxMTM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we the only school?
No, Colorado requires that your health insurance plan cover X number of mental health visits per year. I think the idea is that you're better of seeing a therapist a few times if school gets stressful than what happened at Virginia Tech.
 
No, Colorado requires that your health insurance plan cover X number of mental health visits per year. I think the idea is that you're better of seeing a therapist a few times if school gets stressful than what happened at Virginia Tech.

But don't schools usually provide some kind of a mental counseling service within the school for free (well...free meaning included in tuition/fees)? I guess they can't prescribe though.