Why doesn't AMCAS work weekends?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sha15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
or hire more people, verify my application already

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's a business, and business days = Mon-Fri

I submitted July 21 david blaine

business world? how about: why can't I order an MRI on the weekend?

mcdonalds=business --> open on weekends

Members don't see this ad :)
why did you not submit in early June if you're so worried

Wait, lemme get this straight for future reference...AMCAS works on weekends in June and July but not in August? Also, is AMCAS used for submitting secondaries, or is that through each school's website? Thanks.

Wait, lemme get this straight for future reference...AMCAS works on weekends in June and July but not in August? Also, is AMCAS used for submitting secondaries, or is that through each school's website? Thanks.

1) Pretty sure AMCAS never works on weekends? They are people with families and lives.

2) Each school has their own system for submitting secondaries. You'll get an email.

No they never work weekends, but if the OP would have submitted his/her primary earlier, it would have been verified faster and we wouldn't have to listen to all this pointless complaining

Well, why do we have to enter all of this by hand when they have our transcripts already. I'm just sayin'.

Anything important in your life never works on weekends. :(

You're in college and you haven't figured out how lazy administrators are?

I heard from a friend who spoke with the AMCAS people on the phone that they only have around 20 people in that office. Don't know if it's true but I couldn't imagine that amount of people opening 100,000 transcript envelopes and entering all that coursework by hand PLUS dealing with premeds on the phone.

Why don't we go to school on weekends? Who needs free time anyway? Oh, wait, that's about us/me, never mind. :rolleyes: