"Why I want to be a doctor"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jubileE

My friend and I were tryring to look for the most unique reason why someone wants to be a doctor to get some inspiration for our PS. Long and behold, a winner! (Warning: the language may be offensive to some but hilarious to others :D )

"In the back of my mind, I've always wanted to be a doctor.

I guess I can pin it down to a single incident that happened early in life. A moment in time after which I knew more than anything I wanted to be a doctor:

I was eight years old. I was playing fetch with my little dog, Shrappy. I threw a stick over the fence, and Shrappy went for it. But on the other side was a briar patch. Shrappy got cut real bad.

I held Shrappy in my arms, but having little idea what to do in the way of healing him, I just sat there, crying, screaming for my mom.

She came, but she saw that it was too late for l'il Shrappy. He had lost too much blood. I held him there till he was gone.

I stood up, and I stared at my hands and cursed them! I cursed them for being unable to help a loved one when they needed me most. And I decided right then and there that things were gonna change.

Then my older brother came over, put his arm around me, and said, "Nice going, jackass. You killed the damn dog."

Now, had I been a doctor, I could've said, "Hey! That's Doctor Jackass to you, pal!"

Yeah. That's when I knew I wanted to be a doctor.

Of course, it turns out medical school costs money and stuff, so screw that. "

http://www.tjmonkeys.com/thought.php?theid=157

Members don't see this ad.