Why I'm Depressed

Started by PT Dad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PT Dad

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Several thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel , "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."
Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land."
Today, the government has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, and everything...I called a Suicide Hotline. I had to press 1 for English. I was connected to a call center...in Pakistan . I told them I was suicidal. They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck. What a world!
 
Several thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel , "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."
Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land."
Today, the government has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, and everything...I called a Suicide Hotline. I had to press 1 for English. I was connected to a call center...in Pakistan . I told them I was suicidal. They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck. What a world!

Thanks, PTDad.

Kevin
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's what I call original content.

Don't worry PTDad. You're not alone. Someone else felt the same way you did two years ago in January 2011:


I hope they didn't do anything drastic back then. In the past two years there have been considerable improvements in unemployment--as well as housing and stock markets.

But now that you bring it up, I'm sick and tired of high taxes. I think I'll move to Ghana. The individual rate maxes out at 25%!

FREEDOM!!!!