Why isn't EMG/NCV more popular? - ECS Certification

Started by xx6xx12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xx6xx12

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here is experienced with EMG...

EMG studies offer PTs one of the highest reimbursement rates in PT, yet ECS certifications are rare in our field. I'm trying my best to understand why. More commonly MDs, PAs, and CRNPs, have this certification. I've reached out to some PTs with their ECS and they've been helpful, but I wanted a second opinion.

Currently I'm suspecting that it's difficult for PTs to get referrals to perform EMG studies, but I can't get an accurate idea of how difficult. There may be other issues that i'm not aware of. If anyone can offer advice i'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!