This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Natasha123456789...

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question. Co-Plavix is the brand name for the aspirin clopidogrel combination marketed by Sanofi. Now this product is only film coated and not enteric coated. My question is: Isn't it wrong to administer aspirin/clopidogrel as a formulation which is not enteric coated on accounts of the GI ulcers it can cause.

Secondly, in Pakistan, there are other kinds of products for the same combination. Some of them are bilayered tablets. Some are pellet containing enteric coated tablets and yet others are tablet in tablet kind dosage forms. Which one is the most preferable?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I have a question. Co-Plavix is the brand name for the aspirin clopidogrel combination marketed by Sanofi. Now this product is only film coated and not enteric coated. My question is: Isn't it wrong to administer aspirin/clopidogrel as a formulation which is not enteric coated on accounts of the GI ulcers it can cause.

Secondly, in Pakistan, there are other kinds of products for the same combination. Some of them are bilayered tablets. Some are pellet containing enteric coated tablets and yet others are tablet in tablet kind dosage forms. Which one is the most preferable?

Well i dont think coplavix is available in the Us. Never heard of it.
Second question .
Answer :no

Systemic inhibition of COX-1 occurs whether aspirin is enteric coated or not, so the benefit of enteric coating is mainly to limit ASA's direct effects on gastric mucosa. It's possible there are practical difficulties in making one bi-layer enteric-coated and the other bi-layer non-enteric coated.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Who cares if its enteric coated? The real problem is, it sounds like another overpriced brand combo drug, when the 2 individual components are generic and cheap (although I've never heard of this combo either before this thread.)

Who cares if its enteric coated? The real problem is, it sounds like another overpriced brand combo drug, when the 2 individual components are generic and cheap (although I've never heard of this combo either before this thread.)
It's not available in the US, so it's probably not overpriced.

Reactions: 1 user