Why is there more data on this cycle's interview tracker than last cycle's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spottedcory

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a very high chance that I'm overthinking this but I wanted to ask anyway.

This cycle's interview tracker seems to be on track to have more data than last year's. For example, UCLA, Pritzker, and SKMC all have about 20 or so entries. On last year's tracker, these schools have about 20 entries....after the whole cycle. And it's barely mid August during a delayed cycle.

Was this year's tracker better promoted than last year's? Maybe more people are home obsessing over online forums because of disrupted gap year plans? Are there just more invites going out? I know that no one really knows... But I guess I wanted to try and contextualize this year's data with last year's data somehow

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
it's probably bc more people know about the tracker this cycle, so there are going to be more entries if more people know about it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year's tracker wasn't posted until 8/2. I also think people have more anxiety about interviews this cycle since they're delayed from COVID.

I love how you posted this in the school-specific thread

Reactions: 1 user