Why is this guy standing on a rock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen this chart in a few clinics now, maybe at one point it was distributed for free. For the life of me I can’t figure out why he’s standing on a rock. I’ve googled around and got nothing. Patients even ask me about it.
F603D670-2D3D-4392-B965-0212C06697BB.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I’ve seen this chart in a few clinics now, maybe at one point it was distributed for free. For the life of me I can’t figure out why he’s standing on a rock. I’ve googled around and got nothing. Patients even ask me about it. View attachment 369239
for the same reason one of his hands is more rotated, the foot is dorsiflexed to illustrate different parts of the hand/foot

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It's the artist's way of emphasizing the position so you can see the anatomy. Cover the rock with your finger and then look at the picture again. It doesn't seem anatomically correct.

Members don't see this ad :)
But I don’t feel like the doriflexion adds anything to the understanding of the anatomy(?) it almost seems like an afterthought, like trying to fix an artistic choice because it looked goofy

I've heard radiculopathy described as "a rock in my shoe"......

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard the sciatica nerve will lock up if your hip is out.

Gabadeen helps my peripheral neurocracy

Reactions: 1 users