why medicine interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soupssad

Reaction score
what's the best way to approach the why medicine question during interviews? should the answer be straightforward in 3-4 sentences, or is it better to use a personal anecdote (i feel like that would make the answer way too long, plus i used most of my why medicine anecdotes for my personal statement and secondaries)

Members don't see this ad.

Just answer the question. Unless they’re asking for an entire monologue there’s no need to give a drawn out response. Just give the straight forward answer. If that answer for you includes an anecdote then include it.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what's the best way to approach the why medicine question during interviews? should the answer be straightforward in 3-4 sentences, or is it better to use a personal anecdote (i feel like that would make the answer way too long, plus i used most of my why medicine anecdotes for my personal statement and secondaries)
Just answer the question!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Think about it as a 2 minute elevator pitch.

Reactions: 1 users
Just discuss what draws you to medicine. If there is a personal experience, talk about that. If there isn't, discuss what about medicine in general draws you in. Try to get your response to around 1-2 minutes in length!

Reactions: 1 users