Why NYCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E-boy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just trying to find out more about the school from students or anyone who will be attending this year. If you picked NYCOM...what reasons made you pick the school? Any postitives and negatives about the institution? Any comments apprieciated
How would you compare it to other schools?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Here is what I have heard from friends about NYCOM....

Tough schedule

Great professors

Great residencies/opportunities

Peace . . .

------------------
Josh Hazelton
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
"D.O. Wannabe"

NYCOM is, as I've always said, the best osteopathic med school this country has ever had the pleasure of having. The rotations are top-notch, and the residencies sponsored by the school are among the most extensive in the profession.

I don't know much about where their students match, since the school refuses to release that sort of information (not even to its own students, from what I hear), but you're practically guaranteed a good residency in the New York Metropolitan Area.

Good luck.

Tim of New York City.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be starting NYCOM this fall and here are the major reasons that i choose this school.

1. A lot of affiliated hospitals in the inner city, THESE places are by far the best way to learn what real medicine is all about.

2. Good reputation as far as DO schools go

3. The only place where they retrain immigrant doctors to be american physicians, i think this help the other students.

4. Dont take your money unless you are invited to an interview

5. Fast growing school, i think this year the clss is 260.

6. Felt right when i visited, trust your gut feeling when it comes to these things.

7. May choose to do masters or OMM or anatomy fellowship

On the other hand i think that it is pretty expensive, there is no hospital on campus, on campus housing.

------------------
NYCOM class of 04'

Thank You all for any replies...anymore are welcomed
smile.gif

I have heard that NYCOM has a rigorous program. Is this true? If so, how is there program tougher then any other schools?