Why NYU and BU have such low GPA/DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tjdent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, Im trying to decide where to apply to dental school this weekend and ive noticed that NYU and Boston University have much lower scores than I would have expected for those schools, which are both located in amazing cities. Is it just that they are so pricey? Or is there some other reason why the people with options are choosing other places???

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everybody, Im trying to decide where to apply to dental school this weekend and ive noticed that NYU and Boston University have much lower scores than I would have expected for those schools, which are both located in amazing cities. Is it just that they are so pricey? Or is there some other reason why the people with options are choosing other places???

people are put off by the price (high tuition and expensive cities), and the large class size (especially for NYU)

I don't know much about either school but New York has a gigantic class size which probably affects their average.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU's GPA raised quite a lot this year actually. I believe it's a 3.4 now?

Yeah, its about 3.4-3.5 and 19-20 AA. Most schools seem to be in this range right now.

Okay thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some hidden problem with those two schools that I didn't know about.