Why oh why

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
isn't anyone posting on interview feedback?

Members don't see this ad.

i have...,

i was actually thinking the same thing. A comment: I think interview feedback is overrated for preparation if you're using it just for the questions. I think the descriptions on how the day goes are more useful.

I keep meaning to post up my interview feedback. It'll happen this weekend, I promise!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Teee, I think some poeple arn't posting in interview feedback this early because of the slim chance that Adcoms may read it and figure out who they are. No sense in taking any chances before a decision has been made right? Its probably just being paranoid, but still ....

Hey Teee, I think some poeple arn't posting in interview feedback this early because of the slim chance that Adcoms may read it and figure out who they are. No sense in taking any chances before a decision has been made right? Its probably just being paranoid, but still ....

That is my reason, crazy or not!:laugh:

That's my reason too because I have some rather specific comments about the interview I had.

Hah, I'm the idiot who posts tons of specific information. Whatever, I don't care if they read it - I am being honest and mostly positive. Besides, I think if adcoms do read interview feedback, it's probably to see how they can improve the day, not to figure out which applicant should get rejected.

Do you think adcoms read any of these forums??

Uh oh..

You fellas are WAY TOO paranoid. do you actually think adcomm's do this? do you actually think there would be a scenario where they're about to accept you and they're like wait...lets to the SDN interviewfeedback source...make sure we like this applicant. and then change their mind? come on. they have so much to judge you by already... your intview, amcas, recs....

i think this paranoia is akin to accidentally wearing one brown sock and one black sock during the interview, thinking someone would notice it and judge you right then and there...

i think this paranoia is akin to accidentally wearing one brown sock and one black sock during the interview, thinking someone would notice it and judge you right then and there...

On that note, I felt totally self conscious on my interview day last week... everyone was wearing black shoes with black socks, or those tan/skin colored socks....
I had on pink flower socks on a white cotton background and brown shoes to boot...

Oh man.... I felt realllly awkward. I think the Assistant Dean of Admissions noticed my shoes and socks considering I was sitting in the front row during her presentation. I caught her glancing for a whee bit more than 2 seconds....

Anyways, so I got a pair of black shoes for my interview tomorrow. I think I'll borrow one of my mom's skin colored socks...

I'm waiting for a decision. As soon as a decision is made, I'll post feedback. Until then, if anyone wants info on any of the schools I've interviewed at, just PM me. I'd be glad to let you all know as much as I do, I just want to be honest, and right now I really don't want to say anything negative about any school in a public forum.

Admissions office people do read "interview feedback" -- I've discussed it with them. However, I've been told that most of the negative feedback that comes after decisions come out are vindictive rantings of rejected applicants and thus are not taken seriously.

Admissions office people do read "interview feedback" -- I've discussed it with them. However, I've been told that most of the negative feedback that comes after decisions come out are vindictive rantings of rejected applicants and thus are not taken seriously.

oh sheez.

even if they do read them, they're not trying to puzzle things together with an attempt to figure out inside information about an applicant's views on the school. they are not trying to match comments with faces. they're trying to gain a general feeling about how their interview day compares to other places.

PLUS, if you're so paranoid but still wish to help others in the same plight,
post on interview feedback but dont include specific questions that could signal who you are (just give the general questions you were asked...thats all thats useful anyway... its not like a specific question about your broken knees research would be asked to others anyway). in general, Be confident fellas, they can smell the stink of the overly cautious in interviews.

I was told by one of my interviewers that he regularly checks SDN feedback to see where everything stands, etc... But I still posted up, I see no reason not to. I relayed the questions I was asked and stated that I had a positive vibe about the interview. I don't see how contributing to a resource that helps other pre-meds would hurt me?

Admissions office people do read "interview feedback" -- I've discussed it with them...

aww LizzyM, this is one post i really wish you hadn't posted :smuggrin:

so the interview resources that i need will be available after my interviews?

i have...,

i was actually thinking the same thing. A comment: I think interview feedback is overrated for preparation if you're using it just for the questions. I think the descriptions on how the day goes are more useful.

actually, i have found the questions for each specific school to be amazingly accurate. if you look through enough questions for X school, there are many questions that repeat for that school...and that's just outside of Why X? and Why medicine?

i.e., the professor at tufts that asks all of the philisophical questions. i was prepared for him, but i did not get him. others had him and had no idea what to say.

seeing that MCW tends to ask about cheating....i was actually asked this when i went!

I've posted as I've gone. My interviews have all been positive experiences, and if one was negative I wouldn't want to go there anyways.

I've posted as I've gone. My interviews have all been positive experiences, and if one was negative I wouldn't want to go there anyways.

if you have a negative interview experience, and then you assume you have no chance of getting in... but somehow you do (which happens quite a bit).... would you really not consider the school?

I dont think your interviewer reflects the school at all. You will find dingus interviewers and wonderful interviewers everywhere. its a crapshoot for which one you'll be assigned to.