Why Pharmacy??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamrich

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What made y'all choose the field of pharmacy and not anything else??

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you first tell us why you are interested in pharmacy?

I decided to go with Pharmacy, cuz there is so much you can do with the degree... You can work in so many different types of settings... eg Industrial, Hospital, Retail... and i get a doctorate in 6 yrs...

Members don't see this ad :)
....then just elaborate on your reasoning...there are a lot of degrees that have multiple career paths as well, so you need to continue on and give details to your train-of-thought.

I decided to go with Pharmacy, cuz there is so much you can do with the degree... You can work in so many different types of settings... eg Industrial, Hospital, Retail... and i get a doctorate in 6 yrs...

Depending on the school, the six year thing may be upped to a min. of 7 years with a preferred degree (like my school). So, if you want to be competitive then a degree may be necessary before acceptance (esp. in the next few years), unless you have already been accepted. I agree that there are many settings avail. for PharmDs, but what other reasons do you have for going into pharmacy?

Field of Science I find Interesting
Good Pay
Can work almost anywhere (location wise)
Many different things you can do with the degree
Help People
Many Jobs Available
Hours are very reasonable (so you can have an outside life/family)

(in no particular order)

Its just a very good field.