Why PT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goillini8228

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I honestly think this is the hardest question of all to answer, and I know its going to be the first thing asked at any interview for PT school. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it's sort of hard to determine if people are being cruel or not over the internet so I'll just throw that out there. I think this should be the easiest question to answer. There's a reason, and it's different for everyone, as to why you've applied and taken all the initiative to take prereqs, etc. If you can't imagine yourself doing PT, you may have to rethink your decision. For me personally, I want to do PT because it perfectly combines everything I'm really interested in: anatomy, education, physiology, etc. Again, that's just my opinion and sorry if you feel that I'm being a jerk but intentions are not to be! lol

i agree with nicolej5. that question is something you should conjure up on ur own. everyone has his or her own reason why they want to pursue PT. do some personal reflections cause when they ask you that question, they know the difference from someone who has put thought into it compared to someone who hasn't. best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you find out about PT? What made you have an affinity towards rehabilitation versus other healthcare career choices? Did PT affect you or someone you know? Do you appreciate the field and evidence-based methods applied within the field? Why?

The questions can keep going on and on and on... If you can come up with 'how' you chose to pursue PT, you may then answer your question of why.

The WHY? is a personal issue. Different for everyone. Agree w/ above responses. You need to do some self reflection. When you have your answer you will know how easy it is to respond to the WHY question. Good Luck