SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Why So Few Posts About PCOM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by nicknack1, Nov 4, 2001.

1. nicknack1

nicknack1 Junior Member

Aug 8, 2001
    I see many, many posts about other osteopathic schools, but few about PCOM.
    Which I think is partucularly strange since it one of the largest medical schools in the whole country, osteopathic or allopathic.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc 10+ Year Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Taking an Away team....
    PCOM is a great school but it is in philadelphia, the pit of hell. I spent 3 years in philadelphia for grad school and would never go back. it is a backwater stuck in the late 50's. the first year I was there philadelphia was voted the least hospitable city in the U.S. by a major news magazine.
  4. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned Banned 10+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2000
    Although I agree with the "PCOM is a great school" statement, I do disagree with the second part about Philadelphia being a terrible city.

I have been living here since I started college (I am now a senior) and I do not mind living here at all.

I find there are plenty of attractions and things to do outside of school, and I think the opportunities to work in the medical field, particularly for a pre-med, are endless.

I will say that this is the only large city I have ever lived in so I really have nothing to compare it to besides "small-town" Connecticut.

Overall, Philly is a cool place!

The Phillies and Eagles leave a bit to be desired, but this is coming from a Red Sox and Patriots fan!