Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Why So Few Posts About PCOM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by nicknack1, Nov 4, 2001.

1. nicknack1

nicknack1 Junior Member

I see many, many posts about other osteopathic schools, but few about PCOM.
    Which I think is partucularly strange since it one of the largest medical schools in the whole country, osteopathic or allopathic.

2. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    PCOM is a great school but it is in philadelphia, the pit of hell. I spent 3 years in philadelphia for grad school and would never go back. it is a backwater stuck in the late 50's. the first year I was there philadelphia was voted the least hospitable city in the U.S. by a major news magazine.

3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Although I agree with the "PCOM is a great school" statement, I do disagree with the second part about Philadelphia being a terrible city.

I have been living here since I started college (I am now a senior) and I do not mind living here at all.

I find there are plenty of attractions and things to do outside of school, and I think the opportunities to work in the medical field, particularly for a pre-med, are endless.

I will say that this is the only large city I have ever lived in so I really have nothing to compare it to besides "small-town" Connecticut.

Overall, Philly is a cool place!

The Phillies and Eagles leave a bit to be desired, but this is coming from a Red Sox and Patriots fan!