why the hell does it take so long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

saiyagirl

i imagine that once the admissions committee has a file in their hands, it takes them about 10 mins to review it and decide whether they want to interview or not.

so why the hell does it take 10 weeks?

i'm waiting here patiently :(

Members don't see this ad.

The admissions committee best call you within a week, what school would not want you. the thing is they might be flooded with apps, and peak interview season is still in january. You'll do great saiya :)

Unfortunately, if your application has been sent in a while ago and you still haven't been interviewed, a lot of the reason you haven't heard yet is that your application isn't as competitive as the applicants that have already gotten interviews. Some schools will string you along until the spring until they reject (ie. the Ivy's and some top schools) but others would just like to gauge you against less competitive candidates later in the admissions season....hope this helps...i think i'm in the same situation with some schools..but i guess that's the harsh reality of this impersonal process