Why this medical school?

Started by gublagu3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gublagu3

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As I am working on my secondaries, I have seen the question of "why this medical school" pop op on several secondaries. Does anyone have advice on how to approach this question? I was planning on discussing one or two aspects that make a school unique. Is this the best way? Thanks in advance!
 
It can help to tie your previous experience or your specific interests to the school's, as in "Given my interest in rural health, [school name]'s program of rotations in ... are appealing and will be an excellent opportunity for me to train in the area in which I hope to practice one day." Just be sure to use the correct name (if you cut & paste the same answer into multiple secondaries) and be sure you have the school's name spelled correctly.