Why UHS or why KCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PaulB

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to be able to choose between attending KCOM and UHS and I'm intereseted in anyone's reasons for choosing one over the other. Thanks!

Paul
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

I think the decision comes down to what locations mesh with your personality better. I felt that the qualities of the schools were pretty much tied: both had wonderful facilities, both had a friendly and personable faculty and student body, both had great scores on the board exams, both are well established, etc. I had to make my decision based on the fact that my boyfriend is moving out with me and would need to get a job. Kirksville is not the land of opportunity for accountants, and I loved Kansas City because I like having museums and theatres and dancing close by. But if you don't have anyone else to worry about, and you love the small town atmosphere, then Kirksville is a great place.
You'll get a wonderful education at either of your 2 choices. Now it's time to choose which one compliments your personality better in terms of satisfying you when you take time off from studying. Good luck in your decision making, and if you choose UHS, I'll see you next fall.