Why was no_dignity_left's thread locked?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

locitamd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why was no_dignity_left's thread locked? It was my understanding that no dignity needed advice from current allo students...

(Additionally, the thread says "moved to pre-allo," but in fact the thread was not moved/copied at all.)

Members don't see this ad.

I am uncertain, but generally, we move threads around to the "most" appropriate forum for the convenience of the members. Generally, this process comes off w/o a hitch. However, it would be the first time there was computer glitch. I will look into the move and see if I can find any problems.

Thanks OldManDave. It just seemed odd to me that so many other posts in this forum solicit advice from current allopathic students, w/o being bumped to the pre-forum. A current Yale student facilitating the admissions process might be more likely to happen upon a thread here rather than in pre-allo.

Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah locitamd ...

....but this forum has become a bit of a pre-med fourm as of late. I understand that pre-meds have a lot of questions about the process and various schools, but it seems that a majority of the posts have nothing to with the intended theme of the fourm.

S0upb0ne

locitamd -- the thread was moved to pre-allo -- if you did a search in pre-allo, you would have found it (or if you had clicked on the "this thread was moved to pre-allo" link on the original thread). Here it is:

<a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=009720" target="_blank">http://www.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=009720</a>

As for why it was closed in the Allopathic forum, I was not the one to do it, but because the post was specifically asking about admissions information, the moderator probably thought it was more appropriate in the Pre-Allo section - most threads of that nature are already in Pre-Allo, and there is a precedent for similar threads being moved from Allopathic to Pre-Allo. I know that some of the med students who frequent the Allopathic section have complained in the past about the forum being overrun with admissions queries. Generally if med students want to contribute to the admissions discussions they will check the threads in Pre-Allo. I hope this clarifies things.

I'm the bad guy who moved the thread to the pre-MD forum.

As lilycat noted a precedent has been set that encourages moving all admissions questions to the pre-MD forum and leave the MD forum to questions, comments, and anything of that nature directly related to med student education. Most med students who will answer your admissions questions will read the pre-MD forum anyway, so they'll happen across it one way or another.

There have been complaints about the MD forum being overrun with questions asking about chances for admission and status on a waitlist. Since active moving of the admissions threads has started, the bread & butter post on the MD forum is now the "Hofstra Med vs. Gonzaga Med" questions.

Anyway sorry for the inconvenience, but this measures reduces clutter and redundancy across the forums.