Why work experience in a retail pharmacy is a must before going to pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmtoCS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just replace McDonald's with CVS in this video.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just replace McDonald's with CVS in this video.

I have been on SDN for quite some time now and every time I search up something pharmacy related I see your username there bashing on the pharmacy career . It makes me laugh because I see that you just posted something 21 hours ago . Don't you have a life? LOL .

P.s- 1,000 and something replies talking crap about pharmacy

Really?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
I have been on SDN for quite some time now and every time I search up something pharmacy related I see your username there bashing on the pharmacy career . It makes me laugh because I see that you just posted something 21 hours ago . Don't you have a life? LOL .

Really?

Have you ever worked at CVS/pharmacy?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Really?

You're going to attack my post history while ignoring the true reality of going into the profession.

Really?
emoji23.png

You're going to attack my post history while ignoring the true reality of going into the profession.

Really?
emoji23.png
I have a legitimate question for you though. I know you think it is hard to find jobs and you aren't wrong but why do you paint it out to be impossible? Btw the average loan is only about $145000 not 200k. The 200k is for that person who decides to overspend on everything and that is not most people. Besides why would someone force themselves to like computer science or accounting just for the money. In a way isn't that like forcing yourself to like retail pharmacy just for the money? Btw I have a family friend who was an accountant for years lose her job like a year ago. My point is the grass isn't necessarily a whole lot greener on the other side especially if you don't have a genuine interest in it so stop telling people to do it. If they work hard enough in school not just academically but in making connections through organizations, they can land in a really nice position that's not even retail.