Dr. Weebs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
Portland, OR
Status
Both of my interviewers today said that to me at the end of the interview: I really hope to see you here next year. Is that just something they say to be nice? Or did I just have the best interview possible? Anyone with any experience on this?

Weebs

MWillie

On the wards
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2004
Chi Town
Status
Resident [Any Field]
People say it, it means you probably didn't bomb your interview, but it doesn't mean you'll get in for sure either.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I've heard that many times. Don't put too much bearing on it.

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Because they liked you, obviously. But they are only one advocate for you -- they've got to convince the rest of the admissions committee to grant you an acceptance. So, like the others have said, it does not guarantee that you're in. Good luck! :luck:

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
Los Angeles, Calif.
Visit site
Status
i had one damn guy tell me that and i was sure ide get in...but no. dont listen to them! weve heard the opposite of course...horrible interview, but get in.

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
I think its a good sign, but I wouldnt think I've closed the deal at all. Hopefully it means they will give you a very good recommendation to the adcom, but who knows how the adcoms work after its all said and done...Good luck by the way, hope it works out for you! :thumbup:

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
Dr. Weebs said:
Both of my interviewers today said that to me at the end of the interview: I really hope to see you here next year. Is that just something they say to be nice? Or did I just have the best interview possible? Anyone with any experience on this?

Weebs
They say it to be nice. I heard it from a school I was rejected from.

Even if they did say to be nice, they don't get the final say on whether you get in or not.