Why would anyone choose to be an OD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Originally posted by chiroortho
Professional pecking orders are silly, and serve no useful purpose.
:thumbup: I'm with you on that one. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you Chiroortho. My apologies for going off.
I wish you continued success in your professional field.
I tend to get a bit emotional at times loosing my diplomacy and tactfulness. No harm.
All the Best!

Originally posted by Reality check
Thank you Chiroortho. My apologies for going off.
I wish you continued success in your professional field.
I tend to get a bit emotional at times loosing my diplomacy and tactfulness. No harm.
All the Best!

Happens to all of us buddy. No problem. :thumbup:

ChiroOrtho

Members don't see this ad :)
we fight +pissed+ and then we make up :love:
:D i love this forum

:cool:

Originally posted by eyedream82
we fight +pissed+ and then we make up :love:
:D i love this forum

:cool:

Best wishes to all of you in your training and in your practices.

I'll sign off this forum now, and turn it over to you guys again. I've enjoyed your posts, and I appreciate the privilege of participating.

ChiroOrtho :)

chiroortho:thumbup: I accept.
Peace.

RC

ummm. .. definitely NOT for the HIgh income potential!! LOL!
I'm NOt luvin that part.
MUST do this job because you LOVE the job and you love to help people

HighlyFanatic,

thank you for your approval of my name.....

you never told us if you've accepted to offer to attend Houston.
if so, what other schools didja turn down.
(p.s i turned down 4 opt. schools to goto Boston)-it was really hard to do that:cool:

chiro, this profile isn't about about picking fights with other people. its a personalized forum in which perople come together to discuss in a proffesional manner the way they have done so far. its abot cooperation and learning about the field of optometry...to share ideas and inputs-not to put everybody in this forum down!!!!

Originally posted by anothertony
HighlyFanatic,

thank you for your approval of my name.....

you never told us if you've accepted to offer to attend Houston.
if so, what other schools didja turn down.
(p.s i turned down 4 opt. schools to goto Boston)-it was really hard to do that:cool:

hey anothertony,

sorry for the slow response, hehe i cant ever get away from SDN--im in an internet cafe in Mexico writing this write now!
yup I got accepted to Houston! I turned down ICO, and PUCO. I love the school & clinic, the city, the weather...list goes on.

Tony

HF,
just to let you know, this weekend up in HOuston, they are having their annual TOA convention. This is basically where all the OD's meet for the weekend and they plan and propose and discuss different issues about optometry, legal matters and the scope of optometry itself. I'll be down there (its in Austin). i'll let you know how it went, Texas is VERY strong politically in getting bills passed etc. that help optometrists with various issues....
i'll take pics and send em through the forum ok.

http://www.twopair.com/exams/index.cfm

http://www.twopair.com/contacts/club.cfm

some ODs are working there.

HF,
just to let you know, this weekend up in HOuston, they are having their annual TOA convention. This is basically where all the OD's meet for the weekend and they plan and propose and discuss different issues about optometry, legal matters and the scope of optometry itself. I'll be down there (its in Austin). i'll let you know how it went, Texas is VERY strong politically in getting bills passed etc. that help optometrists with various issues....

Hey I'll be there too!

CPW will I be seeing you there this year as well???

HF,

that'd be great. keep the updates up, thats awesome!

Originally posted by Simisn
Hey I'll be there too!

CPW will I be seeing you there this year as well???

not this year.. I have three tests next week. AHHHHH :scared:

Originally posted by r_salis
jealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealous :D

:laugh: i should've put u in my suitcase!

chiroortho said:
Help me out here...why would anyone choose to be an optometrist, as opposed to a physician?

ChiroOrtho

relaxation