Why your top choice school is your "top choice"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentgrl2984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have always been one to say that I would be thankful to be accepted to any of the schools on my list and I have reasons why I chose to put schools on the list, but I can't say one is my dream school. So what makes you choose a "top choice" or a "dream school"? I have been accepted to a dental school, but I see people talk about their top choices and dream schools and I was just wondering how you guys came about this......

Members don't see this ad.

Instate tuition + strong clinical + community outreach opportunities + Pass/Fail system+ atmosphere during interview+ great city+school being recognized as a top 10 DS by most standards (not really a factor, but its a bonus)=Dream School.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In state tuition
Close to family
Good reputation
I love the city
My alma mater (loved my time there, and the school)

Bonus: good school breaks, no classroom dress code

Been my dream school for years, by many many miles.

Reactions: 1 user
I was in the position of loving each of the schools I was accepted at and ultimately made my decision to attend the cheapest school- saving so much money made it an easy top choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Instate tuition is definitely a plus. The school I would like to go to I already go to for undergrad so some of the teachers I had this semester I would actually see at the dental school and I've enjoyed their teaching style. Also I've been fortunate enough to volunteer at the hospital they teach the students in. Meeting the faculty and students had made me feel confident that this is an environment that I would feel comfortable in. Considering that you'll be there for 4 years+ that is a definite bonus for me.